Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Hello everyone, it looks like some have started to get their 24" iMacs, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one to want to know what that huge display is like.

Does it seem as good as the 20", and are there any issues with things like uneven backlighting, ghosting/blur, dead/stuck pixels?

Thanks for any response,

David

peterggg

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
panel type

I have no answer to what the display is like but a related question: does anyone know what panel they are using? Is it the S-IPS LG Phillips that the Cinema Displays use?

Thanks, Peter

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
peterggg said:
I have no answer to what the display is like but a related question: does anyone know what panel they are using? Is it the S-IPS LG Phillips that the Cinema Displays use?

Thanks, Peter

Thanks for the bump - I was meaning to do that myself, now that more people are getting their machines. I tried to see one myself today in the London Regent Street store, and they said that it may be two weeks before they have one on show, which really seems pathetic.

Anyhow, I'd imagine that the panel is a Samsung, as that is what Dell and Samsung themselves use (which proves that it's Dell that screwed their display up and noone else). I get the impression that while loads of companies make 20" screens, because of their price, the 23", 24" and 30" ones are unique.

David

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
i believe it is the same specs, maybe except size, as the 23" apple cinema display.

i checked the stats. and went in store. they look same quality, brightness, response time.

i am thinking about getting one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.