Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I could pay it off but I will not be ready until next week. I don't want to miss the iPhone 14's preorder date so I am wondering if I am allowed to trade in my iPhone and pay off the rest when it's due time?

Reactions: Brad7

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Yes you can trade in, sell or whatever. The iPhone is not locked in any way. No different then putting on any credit card.

Last edited:

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Apple Card installments I don't think you NEED to pay it off before trading in (since it's not a loan), but I don't know Apple's/GS limit on if you can take out another installment with that there. Would be interesting to know!

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
All you did was establish a 24 month 0% payment plan with the Apple Card. I think the only limitations is your credit limit.

Reactions: adamjackson

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
I had a 12 month financing on a MacBook Pro. sold it to a random person on eBay and then used that proceeds to pay off the card but waited 2 months and apple had no clue I no longer owned the laptop.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Only an issue for warranty / AppleCare. if It’s financed thru citizens you will need to close the loan first. If it’s just thru the Apple Card you could drop it in the ocean but you’re still on the hook for the payments.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Only an issue for warranty / AppleCare. if It’s financed thru citizens you will need to close the loan first. If it’s just thru the Apple Card you could drop it in the ocean but you’re still on the hook for the payments.
Applecard is not through Citizens. Just read rest of your comment haha yeah you are correct. I believe for warranty you can stop it any time, if you paid full price just call Apple to cancel and they will prorate your refund?

OP, Apple Card is the same as a regular credit card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.