Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2023
I saw a lot of people advising against buying a used 14 Pro Max, saying it has bad value for a phone.

People suggest buying the new 15 Pro Max instead.

Was the 14 Pro Max a flop?

Why do people hate the 14 Pro Max so much?

sack_peak

Suspended
Sep 3, 2023
I saw a lot of people advising against buying a used 14 Pro Max, saying it has bad value for a phone.

People suggest buying the new 15 Pro Max instead.

Was the 14 Pro Max a flop?

Why do people hate the 14 Pro Max so much?
Those are likely $AAPL shareholders wanting more revenue for Apple than helping a 14PM owner liquidate a year old phone.

Or persons who want you to spend $1199-1799 for a phone they find overpriced.

Reactions: Shirasaki

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley

I think most of this is based on how the price difference between a 14 Pro Max and 15 Pro Max is only $100, but we're talking about new phones there and a measly $100 difference would make it a tough call for me.

You did say you're buying used though and I imagine you're going to save well more than $100. In that case, I'd find that a pretty smart move if you need to save some coin.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I think most of this is based on how the price difference between a 14 Pro Max and 15 Pro Max is only $100, but we're talking about new phones there and a measly $100 difference would make it a tough call for me.

You did say you're buying used though and I imagine you're going to save well more than $100. In that case, I'd find that a pretty smart move if you need to save some coin.
Based on other posts, he just wants a phone newer than his iPhone XS Max which the battery is dying And can’t wait for November delivery.

Even in this sense, a used iPhone 14 pro max is not going to be a bad deal regardless, imo, as long as there is a significant price gap.

Reactions: smirking
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.