Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheArcher

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2014
Best Buy may be dumping stock in anticipation of the Coffee Lake release. You are saving money so that is a win but now
you are stuck with Kaby Lake that is just an incremental release over Sky Lake, certainly not worth it in my opinion. Hard to say if Apple will release an upgrade to Coffee Lake this spring but it seems likely.

lambertjohn

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2012
Best Buy may be dumping stock in anticipation of the Coffee Lake release. You are saving money so that is a win but now
you are stuck with Kaby Lake that is just an incremental release over Sky Lake, certainly not worth it in my opinion. Hard to say if Apple will release an upgrade to Coffee Lake this spring but it seems likely.

You did fine. Nothing wrong with Kaby Lake. You got a good machine at a good price. Enjoy it!

Reactions: redleg6

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Wow, not too shabby! I would’ve been stoked for a discount when I bought mine last summer. :)

curtoise

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
I would recommend to anybody wanting one that go to Best Buy, they have open box MacBooks all the time, last night I got a 2017 Space Grey 13' with TouchBar 256GB for $1349 that is $450 off the regular price, condition certified excellent, it still had the transparent wrap and never used, they had it for $1399 but if you ask for a better deal they always give you from $50-$100 extra.

It is a hell of a deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.