Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrew07

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Updated my 2G iPhone with the correct 2.0 install. Got some Apps. Worked OK for about a day. Today I can't get past the startup screen. I've done half a dozen hardware resets and it'll remain at the Apple startup logo for hours. Plug it into my MBP, it will freeze iTunes with an indefinite 'working pinwheel' and its startup screen will remain lit up for hours and never get past start up. Help

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
Updated my 2G iPhone with the correct 2.0 install. Got some Apps. Worked OK for about a today. Today I can't get past the startup screen. What do I do? I've done half a dozen hardware resets and it'll remain at the Apple startup logo for hours. Plug it into my MBP, it will freeze iTunes with an indefinite 'working pinwheel' and its startup screen will remain lit up for hours and never get past start up. Help

It sounds like you just need to do a restore..... turn phone off.... then turn it on and as soon as it turns on hold down the home button to put it in restore mode

Andrew07

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
iTunes could not restore the iPhone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone that is being restored :eek: ????

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
You most likely lost all of your phone specific info, but why would you lose your contacts? Do you not have them on your computer anywhere!?

A good motto regarding computers is "Data doesn't exist unless it's in two places."

Back up daily to one place and back up monthly to another.

Andrew07

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
You most likely lost all of your phone specific info, but why would you lose your contacts? Do you not have them on your computer anywhere!?

A good motto regarding computers is "Data doesn't exist unless it's in two places."

Back up daily to one place and back up monthly to another.

I thought that the contacts would be automatically imported to my comp similar to iPhoto!

Andrew07

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
I've connect my iPhone hundreds of times in the past year, it doesn't save any backups??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.