Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoid

macrumors 601
I think that it is referring to the first set of iPods with a touch scroll wheel, as the very original had a physical turning wheel. Then Apple released a 5GB and 10GB model with touch scroll wheels, but still had the control buttons on the rim of the scroll wheel. I had one of the 10GB iPod's, but have since upgraded to a 10GB 3G model.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
some clarification here.
to my knowledge, apple had the 10GB introduced in march 2002 with the scroll wheel and the same thickness as the 5GB. then at macworld of 2002, the introduced a touch-wheel 10GB that is slimmer, and the 20GB. maybe the 10GB was always thinner than the 5GB, but i'm pretty sure it went how i just said. please, feel free to correct me.

gerlitzappel

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2004
South Florida
bennetsaysargh said:
some clarification here.
to my knowledge, apple had the 10GB introduced in march 2002 with the scroll wheel and the same thickness as the 5GB. then at macworld of 2002, the introduced a touch-wheel 10GB that is slimmer, and the 20GB. maybe the 10GB was always thinner than the 5GB, but i'm pretty sure it went how i just said. please, feel free to correct me.

I believe you are mostly correct. Indepth information on previous as well as current iPods can be found here:

http://everymac.com/systems/apple/consumer_electronics/index.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.