Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chevyboy60013

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2021
Well it has been 3 and a half days since I got my 2017 MacBook Pro. So far it has been the nicest laptop I have ever had. I still like my late 2010 MacBook Pro, that is running macOS Sonoma with OCLP, this one is running supported macOS Ventura and runs circles around the 2010, as it likely should being 7 years newer. I was going to use OCLP on this one as well for macOS Sonoma, but since a couple members told me Ventura has most if not all the features Sonoma does, and recommended I leave it on Ventura.... and how nicely it works on macOS Ventura that is where it is going to stay for now. Easily get 5-6 hours out of the battery that has 782 cycles on it, which is impressive and could likely get more as it still has 30-40% battery percentage remaining after 5-6 hours of use. It has the 128 ssd and 8gb of ram. I may upgrade the ssd to at least 256gb, but so far still have close to 100gb left on the 128gb as most of what I use is cloud based, and it is like lightning to use. The only thing that will take time to get used to is the new style keyboard, because the keys have far less travel than on my 2010 MacBook Pro does. Not a big deal, just different and getting used to it. So far as in Mac history it is an awesome computer and JUST WORKS, unlike Microsoft and the Windows 11.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.