Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac-jam

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2015
Hi

I currently have a M2 Max Macbook Pro.
I have 2 studio displays and want to add a third.
I think the laptop can run these by just connecting them up however I was looking at a dock system that I could plug the 3 cables into and then just one to my laptop, does anyone know of a solution that can do this?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I'm not aware of any solution for three displays, but the Caldigit Thunderbolt Station 4 can drive two displays over a single connection.
Correct. I have a Caldigit TS4 and two ASDs connected to it without trouble. But will only support two — Thunderbolt doesn’t have enough bandwidth to do three.

OP will need to plug the third display in to a separate TB4 port on his MBP. No way around this.

gabicava83

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Thanks, this post is helpful. Those with the TS4, you happy with it, or think you should have gone for something else? I too am looking to use the 3 x ASD's, sadly went into two shops yesterday and had none in stock and won't be for a while. Can buy through apple, but makes me think something new is coming.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Thanks, this post is helpful. Those with the TS4, you happy with it, or think you should have gone for something else? I too am looking to use the 3 x ASD's, sadly went into two shops yesterday and had none in stock and won't be for a while. Can buy through apple, but makes me think something new is coming.
Very happy with mine. I had an OWC before that but the Ethernet on it would drop out frequently and it was lacking in USB-C ports. TS4 has been rock solid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.