Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Before I spent £100+ on a charging dock, does anybody have a recommendation for one that keeps the iPhone in landscape to make use of the new StandBy feature, and also charges an Apple Watch and AirPods?

I have a 13 Pro Max, AW Ultra 2 and some Gen 2 AirPod Pros.

I’m unsure of older models like the Belkin 3 in 1 BoostCharge are still any good or if newer charges are more powerful?

Thanks!

Reactions: flybass

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I have the Belkin BoostCharge Pro because it looks nice. There's enough room for standby mode on my 15 Pro. I don't have to Max though. I can take a picture to judge the room for a Max if you're interested.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
I have the Belkin BoostCharge Pro because it looks nice. There's enough room for standby mode on my 15 Pro. I don't have to Max though. I can take a picture to judge the room for a Max if you're interested.
Yes please and thank you :)

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I don't have a pictures but I measured the distance between the edge of my iP15Pro in landscape orientation and my 44mm Apple Watch while on the 3-1 stand. There's a little over an inch between them. According to the Apple spec page the overall height difference between the iPhone 15Pro and Pro Max is 1/2 inch. And that's across the whole device. But since the phone is mounted from the middle we only have to worry about half of that length difference. There is no question that a 15Pro Max in landscape mode will fit on the Belkin 3-1 with a watch being charged.

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
I’ve just replaced a broken Belkin 3 in 1 with another new one. Works perfectly with a 15PM in landscape, Ultra2 and AirPods

vatter69

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
Seems all those 3-1 stands with Magsafe only support fast charging on AW7 but not beyond.
I own the Belkin 3in1 pad and my AWUltra2 is only charging at normal speed.

Product description is not clear. On Amazon ist says 7-8 and Ultra - fine print says 7 only and most reviews confirm it doesn’t fast charge either. belkin website only mentions AW7.

Pretty disappointing for a 150€ charger.

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Not good for ultra. In fact the company confirmed issues when I inquired.

That's not correct. Their site goes as far as to specifically mention that Ultra watches are fine with that stand.

Seems like you might be confusing the HiRise 3 Deluxe with a different stand.

Last edited:

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
Before I spent £100+ on a charging dock, does anybody have a recommendation for one that keeps the iPhone in landscape to make use of the new StandBy feature, and also charges an Apple Watch and AirPods?

I have a 13 Pro Max, AW Ultra 2 and some Gen 2 AirPod Pros.

I’m unsure of older models like the Belkin 3 in 1 BoostCharge are still any good or if newer charges are more powerful?

Thanks!

This is a pretty good thread with lots of recs & reviews. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-standby-magsafe-stands.2402495/

Reactions: JiggyJaggy

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
The Belkin 3 in 1 works fine with the ProMax. Photo from my post in Marketplace which explains the disclaimer on top of photo. :D

IMG_0018.jpeg

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.