Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
I think the following 3 widgets are almost no brainers and almost HAVE to come to iPhone soon!

1. Leopard's new movie time/movie preview widget
2. Tiger's White Pages
3. Tiger's Yellow book

What do you guys think....Those three would ROCK on the iPhone!

applehappy

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2007
Yes those three and many more. Very disappointing that there aren't already a bunch of widgets known. I can only imagine there will be more by, at, or soon after launch.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
And GoGoRedBall!

It's not that difficult to move it across so it'll run in a browser, as it is all HTML based...

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
And GoGoRedBall!

It's not that difficult to move it across so it'll run in a browser, as it is all HTML based...

That would be really cool, actually- a perfect for for phones.

What I really, really want to see (and I am sure I will eventually) is a sports tracking widget. The ability to follow baseball game scores without having to open up the web browser would be tremendous for me (and many more people too, I would think).

kdarling

macrumors P6
Well, you have the Yellow Pages because of the Google search.

I was thinking the White Pages would be cool, but I bet they don't do it. At least not for free.

Considering that my wife spends about $16 a month (!) on 411 autoconnect calls, that's just too much revenue to give up.

Shrek6446

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
That would be really cool, actually- a perfect for for phones.

What I really, really want to see (and I am sure I will eventually) is a sports tracking widget. The ability to follow baseball game scores without having to open up the web browser would be tremendous for me (and many more people too, I would think).

That would be great, i would love to click one widget to view the score of a baseball game instead of going to ESPN.com.

The other widget I think the iphone needs is a movie time widget (like the one they showed in Leopard).

Morris

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2006
London, Europe
I would love to eventually have the London Underground Tube Widget on the iPhone, just a quick look before descending into the system to battle the chaos-du-jour.

tubewidget_20070608165740.jpg

That's Europe of course, so not entirely relevant until the iPhone is released there but similar widgets exist for US systems.

wakka092

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
It would be nice if there could be a Dashboard icon on the Home screen, then it would be exactly like it is on Tiger. Seeing what the iPhone can do now, Dashboard would be a breeze (as far as performance.)

That Underground widget is cool. If you live in the US, Google Maps will be a nessessity for the traffic jams.. :(

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Well, you have the Yellow Pages because of the Google search.

I was thinking the White Pages would be cool, but I bet they don't do it. At least not for free.

Considering that my wife spends about $16 a month (!) on 411 autoconnect calls, that's just too much revenue to give up.

I thought the same thing about the Google search and the Yellow Pages. HOWEVER, if you're using EDGE, you will wait considerably longer using Google Maps (the load time of the map) as compared to just the text that the Yellow Pages would load. Therefore, I still see it as a good Widget to come

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Lol, the movie widget works on the iPhone (or should) Search for my topic called "We Kinda Sorta have a SDK" for pics/explination

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.