Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mcrumors David

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2014
Hi. My 3year-old iPhone 11 Pro still shows 100% Battery Health ...Whereas my friend's 1 year old iPhone shows 84% !?

Is this due to chargins habits?

1664282386966.jpeg
al

reppans

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2006
Can you post screenshots of your 24hr and 10day battery graphs? Do you feel your SOT has been about the same since new?

Reactions: Reggaenald

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
There’s a lot of factors. From my understanding heat is one of the biggest factors. If you really want to kill your phone’s battery, just leave it on the dashboard of your car in the summer.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi. My 3year-old iPhone 11 Pro still shows 100% Battery Health ...Whereas my friend's 1 year old iPhone shows 84% !?

Is this due to chargins habits?

View attachment 2081688 al
My 5 month old 11 Pro Max is also showing 100% :)

No really, I got an 11PM in February 2021 (brand new), dropped it and smashed it up in May 2022 and got it replaced. The replacement was built in May 2022.

My 6s+ is also showing 100% too. But I had the battery replaced in November 2021 when it hit 79%.

Mezoxin

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2022
Some third party repair shops has hardware programmers that edit the orginal capacity and cycle count , it even fools 3utools , have you bought it sealed from “authorized” apple retailer ?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
There’s a lot of factors. From my understanding heat is one of the biggest factors. If you really want to kill your phone’s battery, just leave it on the dashboard of your car in the summer.
This is one of the prime reasons I have been so impressed with my 6s+.

It took six years for that phone to hit 79% and that included two summers in Phoenix heat riding around every day for 45 minutes in a car that has no A/C with windows that could not be rolled down (that car almost killed me from the heat on one drive home).

Note, average temps in August in Phoenix are above 110º.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
This is one of the prime reasons I have been so impressed with my 6s+.

It took six years for that phone to hit 79% and that included two summers in Phoenix heat riding around every day for 45 minutes in a car that has no A/C with windows that could not be rolled down (that car almost killed me from the heat on one drive home).

Note, average temps in August in Phoenix are above 110º.
I suspect the iPhone back then had less power draw. I’m sure the new A series processors give a battery hell when it comes to peak power draw. I remember taking my iPhone 6 into the sauna. How foolish I was 😂😂

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I suspect the iPhone back then had less power draw. I’m sure the new A series processors give a battery hell when it comes to peak power draw. I remember taking my iPhone 6 into the sauna. How foolish I was 😂😂
More than likely. I also do not use my phones like the rest of my family does. While everybody in my family has computers (many for me) I tend to use computers, TVs and other devices while everybody else uses their phone for YT video, streaming, etc.

The battery on my wife's old 6s did not fare well, and then my daughter got that phone and it got the same treatment. So basically, my own 6s+ saw light use (as do most of my phones). That's probably the biggest factor in this.

wabisabizo

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2021
Damn bruh! iPhone 13 Pro here, got it an year ago, at 93% Battery Health. I don't think much of it though, in addition to that I'm in a warm place where temperature is minimum 95 F and maximum 113 F so yeah, there's that.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Damn bruh! iPhone 13 Pro here, got it an year ago, at 93% Battery Health. I don't think much of it though, in addition to that I'm in a warm place where temperature is minimum 95 F and maximum 113 F so yeah, there's that.
That and I know I'm using my 13 PM about 80% more than my 11 PM back in the day lol. I average 6 hours a day of usage according to my 13PM. There were days I didn't touch my 11 PM at all. :p

Jack_SB

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2020
My 11PM was at 100% for more than a year and dropped to 97% after 2 years.
Then I got my replacement (AC+) and the new one is already at 97% in 4 months.
Battery life was good with the old one, but it’s better with the replacement.
Based on my experience and everyone else I know, I think battery health in general is completely unreliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.