Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
I have a 30" ACD hooked up to my 2.33 C2D MBP. I got a question. When I change the brightness via the controls on the display, that little black square doesn't pop up on the screen telling me how much my brightness has changed. How do I get it to show up?

Also, how do I get it so that pressing the "on" button on the ACD puts the entire system to sleep, instead of just turning the monitor off?

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
I have a 30" ACD hooked up to my 2.33 C2D MBP. I got a question. When I change the brightness via the controls on the display, that little black square doesn't pop up on the screen telling me how much my brightness has changed. How do I get it to show up?

Also, how do I get it so that pressing the "on" button on the ACD puts the entire system to sleep, instead of just turning the monitor off?

You'll find your answer in System Preferences > Displays.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
System Preferences > Displays only allows me to change the resolution, the amount of colors, the rotation of the display, and the color profile of the display. The brightness slider is missing, too.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
Figured it out. Apparently those USB and Firewire cables aren't so optional after all :)

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
Figured it out. Apparently those USB and Firewire cables aren't so optional after all :)

Yeah, now that you mention it, that's how the system communicates with your display. You should see the new options in System Preferences now. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.