Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
I figured this was as good a place as any to ask. For years, I have used this combo 30 pin aux cable and charging cable in my car, but I just broke the connector on mine. I have ordered them from OWC in the past, but it appears they are sold out. I like having the cables combined, and the 30 pin connector sounds better to me than the headphone jack based aux cables. I found a couple of cheap imitators on Amazon, but I wasn't sure about the quality. A few reviews mentioned hissing or popping noises on the cheaper models. Does anyone else know of something similar to this that is decent quality?

Slinkwyde

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
For AUX only, there's the Griffin AutoPilot ($25 on Amazon) that also gives you basic playback controls.

If you also want the option of FM via a free app, there's the iTrip DualConnect ($39 on Amazon). The addition of FM can come in handy for driving/riding in cars other than your own.

I have the second one, use it almost exclusively with AUX, and it works great. The downside to both is that car cigarette lighters aren't always in easy-to-reach places, which makes the playback controls less useful. I use to have a competing product (can't remember the brand) with a steering wheel remote, but it had audio quality issues when braking and eventually stopped working.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.