Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wheatycushion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2023
Hopefully this is allowed! In 2014 on the 30th anniversary of the Mac, Apple sent digital copies of a series of 10 posters listing every employee who ever worked at Apple (corporate and retail) up to that point. Apple sent them to current employees only and at the time was weird about them and issued take down requests when they ended up publicly posted online. I had worked at the Apple Store prior to this but by the time these were shared so didn't get a copy, and I've been wanting a full-res digital copy of these ever since.

An example of what they looked like can be found here.

Does anyone have copies of these they could share with me? I haven't had any luck tracking these down elsewhere and would love a copy so I can see my name on it. Thanks!!

wheatycushion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2023
Did you find yourself? I was a retail employee from 2008 - 2011. I have no idea what my badge number was.

I did! So cool!!

I ended up using this tool from Smartsheet to extract text from the images: https://brandfolder.com/workbench/extract-text-from-image. You can use it 5 times/day for free (but if you need more and have a VPN just change your location).

This helped me narrow down what image and approx where in the image to look. Still took some searching but it worked!! We started there at similar times, so I'd guess you are in poster 5 or earlier.

Reactions: sevoneone

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
I did! So cool!!

I found myself. I ended up taking a similar path. I setup a photoshop action to split each image into 9 tiles which was enough for the neural OCR on my M1 mac mini to scan each when opening them in preview. Checked a few each night working backwards. I'm on poster 5 right near the center of the Apple. I have a wide format printer and was able to print it at 13" x 19" which still requires a magnifying glass... lol. Contemplating printing it poster sized.

Whole thing is very cool. Can't believe I missed that they did this back in 2014. I wonder what they will do for the 40th Anniversary this year?

Reactions: wheatycushion

wheatycushion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2023
I found myself. I ended up taking a similar path. I setup a photoshop action to split each image into 9 tiles which was enough for the neural OCR on my M1 mac mini to scan each when opening them in preview. Checked a few each night working backwards. I'm on poster 5 right near the center of the Apple. I have a wide format printer and was able to print it at 13" x 19" which still requires a magnifying glass... lol. Contemplating printing it poster sized.

Whole thing is very cool. Can't believe I missed that they did this back in 2014. I wonder what they will do for the 40th Anniversary this year?
Yeah super cool, agreed! And happy to finally be able to see them! (Thanks again @ripriprip )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.