Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigm978

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
i was just curious about what people thought about these apps, and does anyone know what is in 300 bowling's big update in october.
thanks

kujovideo

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
I would suggest buying 300 Bowl over Flick Bowling. First off it's $4 less and you're basically getting the same thing except for the fact that flick bowling has better graphics. I don't know what 300 bowl's big update is yet but I have a few guesses as to what they could be planning.

1. Online Wi-fi play
2. Career Mode (Stats for your player)
3. Maybe enhanced graphics

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I have enjoyed Flick Bowling although I am no good at it. My kids easily beat me. If you have children it is easy enough for them to play and has a challenge mode so 2 can play at once.

I do not have 300 Bowling.

mattjb

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2008
Plant City, FL
I have a review and gameplay video on my site of Flick Bowling. It's fairly decent, not sure how it compares to 300 Bowl, but personally I find bowling games boring if it doesn't employ actual physics.

kjiphone

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
300 bowling over flick bowling....

I have both applications. I have been a bowler in the past so I enjoy these games. Flick bowling has no spin on the ball. I find 300 bowling more realistic to line up and throw than Flick bowling. I do enjoy Flick bowling's graphics but the overall game is not as enjoyable to me. Flick bowling you have to pick up the bowling ball each time before you "throw" the ball. I haven't tried ibowl yet.

Just my opinion....

HarryPodder

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
300 over Flick

300 is a much quicker game that gives you the results that each game, ultimately, strives for... Oh, flick does allow you to put a "spin" on the ball. To do so, you have to configure the game through options by adjusting the difficulty.

300 also allows you to "kick" pins over to other pins. Flick requires a full on shot so split shots can be virtually impossible.

Just my opin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.