Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
Hello everyone. I learned in another thread here that Verizon was having a promotion on iPads for people buying the iPhone 6s or 6s+. I went to a Verizon store and discovered the following:

1. You need to go to a corporate Verizon store to take advantage of this deal (or order it online). My local Verizon outlet didn't know a thing about it (though it's right on the Verizon web page!).

2. You can save $300 on any model of the iPad (with Verizon LTE of course) when you purchase a new iPhone 6s or 6s+. The iPhone may be one your getting on contract, and you can do trade in's normally.

3. The promotion is going on a while. They don't know when it will be discontinued.

I was going to pass up the mini 4, but now I'm not so sure. My contract is up for renewal. The only downside is I'd be committed to Verizon for another two years.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Wish I had known about this before buying my new iPhone 6S and mini 4 from the Apple store, both with Verizon LTE.

Carmenia83

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2012
I just switched from AT&T to Verizon because of their new shared data plan pricing and the current promos. I got $200 for trading in an iPhone 5, $200 for a 5c, $100 for each of those lines I ported over, and got the $300 off a mini 4. So, Verizon gave me $900 for trading two phones and switching. Not a bad deal at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.