Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
Not sure if anyone's interested or not but I thought I lost my charger but I didn't really lose it because it was plugged in someplace I never plug anything in at so I thought I needed a new one.

Found one on ebay, original Apple and new for $32 shipped. Received it and it works great. No box though but I can't plug the box in anyway. He also was selling iPod, iPhone USB mini chargers for $8 shipped. Pretty good bargains.

I guess it's always good to have an extra anyway and much better than $80 from Apple.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Not sure if anyone's interested or not but I thought I lost my charger but I didn't really lose it because it was plugged in someplace I never plug anything in at so I thought I needed a new one.

Found one on ebay, original Apple and new for $32 shipped. Received it and it works great. No box though but I can't plug the box in anyway. He also was selling iPod, iPhone USB mini chargers for $8 shipped. Pretty good bargains.

I guess it's always good to have an extra anyway and much better than $80 from Apple.

Can you give us a link? I just got a new client, and I will be at the office two days per week for the next six months, and I could use another charger. I already have two, but since I will have my own desk there, it would be nice to just leave one there permanently. I leave one at my couch and one in my bag. I use the 24" ACD charger while at desk.

I find it's great to have extra chargers to just leave anywhere one might use his/her MBA on a regular basis. $32 is really a great deal for a new MBA charger. Apple charges $79 each, and I paid that much for my second one. I may even buy two more just to have.

Great price. Thanks for the info...

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Beware it might be a fake (not saying it is); I was in China over the summer and at this shop; they sold both genuine and fakes; the fakes looked and worked exactly like the genuine, except they didn't last very long and were very cheap.

Just a caution.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Beware it might be a fake (not saying it is); I was in China over the summer and at this shop; they sold both genuine and fakes; the fakes looked and worked exactly like the genuine, except they didn't last very long and were very cheap.

Just a caution.

That's good to know. I definitely wouldn't use a fake one under any circumstance. I don't trust crappy power adapters as they could fry an expensive MBA in a heartbeat!

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
I'm pretty good with figuring out fakes. Comes with apparently legit serial number. Have two others since new from my Airs and can't tell the difference. All the Chinese knockoff batteries and other pieces I've bought had a telltale sign and I can't find one with all three of the chargers I bought (one MBA & 2 mini USB.) Been using it for two days and it works just great. He shipped next business day and I had it three days after payment sent.

Oops. Seller just upped price by $2. Selling other Apple stuff too and no one has complained of counterfit goods.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Apple-...148c27f7e&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14#ht_1537wt_1088

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.