Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
You'd have to be crazy to get a 4S now. That's nothing to do with iOS v Android, and everything to do with a new iPhone being just around the corner.

404 tech junkie

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
You'd have to be crazy to get a 4S now. That's nothing to do with iOS v Android, and everything to do with a new iPhone being just around the corner.

This is very true. At this particular juncture, it just doesn't make sense to buy a 4S unless you're getting it outright and for a VERY good price.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
Choosing a smartphone for its storage size? That's new.:confused:

Maybe not solely for storage capacity but it certainly does play a huge factor in the decision. After all if it was between a 4GB iPhone 4S vs a 96 GB S3, I'm sure most of us would pick the S3 hands down.

Smartphone these days store apps, music, pictures, videos, and other types of multimedia. I have a 64GB and I've already filled it up over halfway on the apps, music, and pictures alone. These multimedia files are getting bigger every year as quality increases. Nonetheless, if the user needs a large capacity then one could choose a smartphone solely based on capacity.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Maybe not solely for storage capacity but it certainly does play a huge factor in the decision. After all if it was between a 4GB iPhone 4S vs a 96 GB S3, I'm sure most of us would pick the S3 hands down.

Smartphone these days store apps, music, pictures, videos, and other types of multimedia. I have a 64GB and I've already filled it up over halfway on the apps, music, and pictures alone. These multimedia files are getting bigger every year as quality increases. Nonetheless, if the user needs a large capacity then one could choose a smartphone solely based on capacity.

You are right. 32gb iPhone and there's still space left. I have around 2xxx photos, few apps and few gb of songs. I only watch movie on my 64gb iPad so that save iPhone's space. As a phone, i don't think you need that much space cause watching movie on a smartphone limits the experience. We are not talking about 4gb or 8gb here. The choices from both side is more than enough so it's not a deciding factor for me.

Frankly, i don't mind using Andriod but since I've been in Apple's eco-system, it's easier for me to stick with iPhone.

I

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I sold my 4s after a few weeks but I just got an S3. I have had 8 phones over the past 3 years, this is easily the best.

What 8 phones did you have? Just wondering, I've had a lot of phones too. I'm really interested in the s3 and wanted to see what you're comparing against.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Galaxy s3 all the way. Its just so ahead of the iphone right now in most ways. Even battery life. Those new 28nm snapdragon s4's really are good on battery. The 2100mah battery helps a lot too.

Based on my experience with iPhone 4 and GS3, I have to say the iPhone was much longer lasting on battery. Perhaps the iPhone 4S drains much faster than the 4, or there are differences between our GS3's (mine is the quad core version without LTE)? I love the phone, and the drain is acceptable, just not as good as my previous iPhone 4's.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Based on my experience with iPhone 4 and GS3, I have to say the iPhone was much longer lasting on battery. Perhaps the iPhone 4S drains much faster than the 4, or there are differences between our GS3's (mine is the quad core version without LTE)? I love the phone, and the drain is acceptable, just not as good as my previous iPhone 4's.

Yeah I was referring to the dual core snapdragon s4 version.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Who needs 96 GB of storage?

I could use 96GB of storage. I have a 64GB Ipod touch which is almost full. Would luv to ditch the Ipod and just go with the Iphone. Hoping for a higher capacity Iphone 5, but doubt that it will happen. Apple seems to think that everyone should be part of the cloud. Maybe that works in Cupertino, but when you work in a big government building in suburban Washington, DC, that doesn't have wifi or cell service; than the cloud is of little use.

x&y

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2012
West Midlands, England
I'd rather have my iPhone 4 (not even 4s) instead of a Galaxy S3.

At the end of the day, iPhone's have something Android will never have, iOS.

And that is the reason I love my iPhone over any new Android phone.

chewietobbacca

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
At this point, if you needed a phone, the S3 is new technology, 4S is old news.

How the iPhone 5 does is another question, but that's still a few months off

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I don't see the appeal of the S3. I'd go iPhone.

Windows 8 is tempting. Jelly Bean and ICS are not.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
The Galaxy S III is my primary smartphone.

An iPhone 4S serves as my secondary smartphone.

For my use, nothing comes close to the highly customizable SGS III with it's spacious 4.8" display. It's so nice to enjoy the comfort offered by this gorgeous display when working on the web or handling my Gmail at lighting speeds. It's no wonder people love this phone.

The shape is as comfortable as my old 3GS use to be. While nice looking, my slab sided iP4S is not very nice to hold with it's blunt edges & industrial shape.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
The Galaxy S III is my primary smartphone.

An iPhone 4S serves as my secondary smartphone.

For my use, nothing comes close to the highly customizable SGS III with it's spacious 4.8" display. It's so nice to enjoy the comfort offered by this gorgeous display when working on the web or handling my Gmail at lighting speeds. It's no wonder people love this phone.

The shape is as comfortable as my old 3GS use to be. While nice looking, my slab sided iP4S is not very nice to hold with it's blunt edges & industrial shape.

In case you didnt know, Woz had no hand in the iPhone 3GS...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.