Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
If my Xbox 360 is still under warranty, will I get a replacement on my faulty accessories such as my Xbox Live Headset? If so, how can i get it replaced / repaired? I bought it from Amazon and I'm not sure what I can do about it. Thanks in advance.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I bought my 360 from Target and my headset went bad in about a month. I just called xbox support and they sent out a box with a new headset in a week. I placed the old headset in the box and send it back, I thought it was a pretty painless process.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
On a related matter- if your 360 gets fried, do you have to send the hard drive with your XBL info and save data back?
If your hard drive were to fail in the 360, is your gamertag and other info saved on a XBL server somewhere?

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
On a related matter- if your 360 gets fried, do you have to send the hard drive with your XBL info and save data back?
If your hard drive were to fail in the 360, is your gamertag and other info saved on a XBL server somewhere?

If it has to be sent in for repairs, you just send the console itself with the standard faceplate. No accessories...no cables, no controllers, no memory cards or hard drives. (They specify to send only the console.)

As for the HD failing...I don't know what happens in that case. I would assume since you're able to sign into Live on any Xbox or 360 even if it's not yours, the account data is stored on Microsoft's end; you'd probably just sign in on a 360 with the new HD and it would then store the account info on the new HD. The only other problem I'd see is you'd have to re-download your Live purchases...arcade games, media stuff, etc.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
What's the support number for Mobiles? I couldn't get in touch with the normal ones and the email service took YEARS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.