Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
I picked up a 360 Elite last week. I hooked it up to my Samsung 32" LCD TV with the supplied HDMI cable. Everything looks great except when the screen goes black after having a logo or some other bright colored object on it. I get this horrible ghosting effect on the screen that stays until the screen goes back to the game. Its very noticeable in Forza 2 when the load screens come on between the menu and the race. I thought it might be something with my TV but I connected the 360 with the component cables instead of the HDMI cable and the problem goes away.

Anyone else with an Elite have this problem?? I'm kinda pissed off because HDMI was one of the main reasons for me selling my Premium 360 and buying the Elite and now I find myself using the same video connection. I'm going to try looking through the video menus on my TV again, maybe there is a setting or something that I am missing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.