Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwb21471

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2023
I have a 3Com etherlink 3 model 3C589D. I running mac os 9.0.4 on my powerbook 5300cs. I looking for a driver for it and the ones i found don't work with it or freeze it up. After it freezes up and you restart it the mac can't find the system folder and i get a question mark flashing. then i got to reinstall mac os 9 again. what i read online this card work with powerbooks. I just need a driver for it. The driver on Macintosh garden doesn't work. I look online and i don't get much on drivers for this. Well thanks for the help.

gwb21471

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2023
Is where you found the driver?

4th bullet specifically speaks to proper restart procedure after install. No System Folder is symptom if procedure not followed.
Nope that driver doesn't work. I did everything it said and still doesn't work. So i giving up. I backup the system folder did everything else and won't work. I just have to burn things to a cd and install it that way. I can't figure out how people got mac os 9.1 to work on powerbook 5300cs. All i can get to install is mac os 9.0.4. in less i download the wrong copy. I downloaded it from win world. well thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.