Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

N-Y

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
is it possible to turn the flat looking dock back to a 3D dock like we have now?

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
I've gotta say that the 3D dock with reflections was much better. If someone discovers it's theme-able I will definitely do it.

That and make the gray UI a little bit darker like in Mavericks and this OS will be top notch.

berker

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2014
I've gotta say that the 3D dock with reflections was much better. If someone discovers it's theme-able I will definitely do it.

That and make the gray UI a little bit darker like in Mavericks and this OS will be top notch.

I do agree with you! Hope that there will be a way around this silly blurry dock!

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
OP, you beat me! I was going to make a new thread today. I watched WWDC keynote video yesterday OSX 10.10 looks awesome except for flat dock. It looks awful for retina display. I hope there is a switch/toggle between flat dock and 3D dock. :apple:

abn0rma1

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2014
Not only that bit this is Beta 1...who knows whether there will be further changes before the general public has access to it - but yea, you can count on it being a flat design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.