Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IP6SGOAT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2018
Hey everyone. So in recent news that iOS 13 will omit certain 3D Touch features around the OS, just curious to know if the 3D Touch feature that allows you to hold On The left side of the display to swipe between apps has also been removed.

Can anyone with the beta confirm this? Thanks

Reactions: smithnovel

MandiMac

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2012
I guess us old geezers with Touch ID buttons will have to double-press them in the future, as the newer devices all have Face ID and the home indicator which makes it even easier by just swiping up or in a direction. Won't miss it, though.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I see no reason why they would disable 3D Touch on older devices just because the newest ones don’t have it

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
Sure. But killing something that is already there I don’t know. I think you will be able to do both

There are reports 3D touch is pretty much dead in IOS13 beta, being replaced system-wide with slow haptic touch. I hope this is only for the beta because it will piss a lot of people off otherwise.

Reactions: jhfenton

-M4-

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
There are reports 3D touch is pretty much dead in IOS13 beta, being replaced system-wide with slow haptic touch. I hope this is only for the beta because it will piss a lot of people off otherwise.

Wouldn't it make it possible for lawsuits as well? Having that feature must have weighed on at least some of the buyers minds when choosing which phone to purchase. Removing it's usability from older phones (therefore invalidating a piece of the hardware people paid for) seems like grounds for such.

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
Wouldn't it make it possible for lawsuits as well? Having that feature must have weighed on at least some of the buyers minds when choosing which phone to purchase. Removing it's usability from older phones (therefore invalidating a piece of the hardware people paid for) seems like grounds for such.

I’d say lawsuits would be likely. I’m holding out hope this is only a beta issue and they will include 3D Touch functionality in the final release. I say this because they still advertise it as a feature on the XS apple website. I can’t see them disabling it for 100s of millions of active iPhones but we live in interesting times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.