Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bosox2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
I set an iCal alarm to remind me. Now what? Go with another unlimited month, or opt for the $15 plan and see if I can meter my usage?

Decisions, decisions...

MacAddiction

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Hello Bosox. I had a similar question and had some responses that you might find helpful (link below). It depends on how much data you used. Unless you download video, etc, you might be surprised how little data you download....I was so I have been fine with the 250MB limit at $14.99. I hope its helpful.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/923850/

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
a decision which is only for you to make as only you know what you use it for, when you use it and how much you use it, so making a thread about it is pretty pointless other then wasting space on the board...

harsh but true. :)

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Def go with the unlimited in my opinion. Bought the 15 when I first got mine and it was used up by the next day. But Of course I had just gotten it so there wasn't a chance I was going to put it down. The 15 seems to be for users who will use their ipads only at home just to check emails in the evening and maybe use the cookbook for their meal that night. Heavy users will always be disappointed if they continue to buy the 15.

Dataquest

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
Did anyone else get an email a day early from AT&T stating that the automatic $30 charge was already renewed? I was expecting it later today (Sunday). It kind of ticked me off because I was panning on cancelling it for a day or two and then renewing it on the 1st of the month.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I had posted on thursday night that i had used 2gb. I went in to check it again, and it is showing 940mb for the past 2 days.

Anyone else seeing a backwards move? What I'm leery of is that they mucked it unlike that to report low so you'd be apt to go with the lower plan and have to pay more sooner.

I dunno, I'm just finding it odd. Mine doesn't expire until tomorrow, and i had cancelled the auto renew last week.

bosox2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
a decision which is only for you to make as only you know what you use it for, when you use it and how much you use it, so making a thread about it is pretty pointless other then wasting space on the board...

Thanks for you kind reply. It was ignorant of me not to value your time. FYI, for those that care... We are auto renewed a day early, so At&T made the decision for me:

Congratulations, your auto-renew of Unlimited data for 30 days for $29.99 was successful.

Your credit/debit card has been charged $29.99.

Reminder: Domestic iPad Plans may be purchased with unlimited data usage, or with a data usage allotment measured in MBs, for a 30 day period utilizing a credit or debit card. The 30 day period begins to expire immediately upon purchase, whether or not you are using the service. Domestic iPad Plans will automatically renew every 30 days, and you authorize us to charge your credit or debit card for your initial and any subsequent iPad Plan, unless you cancel service. To cancel service, visit Settings from your iPad at least one day prior to your next scheduled payment to avoid your next auto-renew charge. If you purchase a Domestic iPad Plan with a data usage allotment and you use all of your allotment prior to the expiration of the 30 day period, your access to our Data Services will cease for the remainder of the 30 day period. If you want to continue using our Data Services during the remaining 30 day period, you will need to purchase an additional iPad Plan by visiting Settings from your iPad. Domestic iPad Plans include the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.

Thank You,
AT&T

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
My iPad's usage meter this morning shows a total (up and down) of about 230 MB. If that pattern holds true for another month, then I'm going to downgrade to the $15/month plan instead of the unlimited.

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006

Disagree, I am enjoying this thread and finding it useful. When were you appointed the McRumors Forum police?

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
After having the unlimited plan for the first month I have decided that is the best one for me going forward. I wound up using almost 2 GB in the first 30 days. For the level of service and the quality, $29.99 is a good value for a month.

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
Thanks for you kind reply. It was ignorant of me not to value your time. FYI, for those that care... We are auto renewed a day early, so At&T made the decision for me:

Congratulations, your auto-renew of Unlimited data for 30 days for $29.99 was successful.

Your credit/debit card has been charged $29.99.

Reminder: Domestic iPad Plans may be purchased with unlimited data usage, or with a data usage allotment measured in MBs, for a 30 day period utilizing a credit or debit card. The 30 day period begins to expire immediately upon purchase, whether or not you are using the service. Domestic iPad Plans will automatically renew every 30 days, and you authorize us to charge your credit or debit card for your initial and any subsequent iPad Plan, unless you cancel service. To cancel service, visit Settings from your iPad at least one day prior to your next scheduled payment to avoid your next auto-renew charge. If you purchase a Domestic iPad Plan with a data usage allotment and you use all of your allotment prior to the expiration of the 30 day period, your access to our Data Services will cease for the remainder of the 30 day period. If you want to continue using our Data Services during the remaining 30 day period, you will need to purchase an additional iPad Plan by visiting Settings from your iPad. Domestic iPad Plans include the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.

Thank You,
AT&T

If the new 30-day period has not started yet you can still call them and cancel or change plans. I read that somewhere. They will honor your request.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
I used 1GB on my unlimited plan, and the only place I use 3G is at work during my breaks. Once I get my Muzetto bag, I expect my usage to increase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.