Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
if you want to wait for it to come form hong kong. I have bought several power adapters and they worked fine.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
i bought a set like that last week for $10 and it was JUNK. i even tried an OEM apple usb wire and that didn't even go into the back of the dock.

J
U
N
K

it was like just donating $10 to his paypal account :rolleyes:

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
i got universal dock from ebay (the one that fits the adapters\inserts), cost me 13$ (with shipping) and its great.

i purchase the universal and not the regular dock because i'm always with a case and i dont want remove it every sync\charge.

edit, and btw, i also get a remote with it.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
i got universal dock from ebay (the one that fits the adapters\inserts), cost me 13$ (with shipping) and its great.

i purchase the universal and not the regular dock because i'm always with a case and i dont want remove it every sync\charge.

got a link to the sellers page?

still looking for a good deal on the universal dock

fredf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008

Do you remember the vendor?
I don't quite get the difference between the universal and the regular dock. I won't need to charge it in a case. So, it a regular dock ok?
And, many of these adds say the dock is for the iPhone 3G and 2G but I thought the docks for these two were different. Is that so? And if so, does that mean this will not work with the 3G ?

thanks, again

golden3159

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2009
i bought a set like that last week for $10 and it was JUNK. i even tried an OEM apple usb wire and that didn't even go into the back of the dock.

J
U
N
K

it was like just donating $10 to his paypal account :rolleyes:

Or maybe you just don't know how to use it.

I have bought 2 of these over the years and know many other people who use them. They are much cheaper then Apple stuff and they work great.

fredf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
that's exactly the problem. how do you know who is a reliable vendor?
can anyone recommend a particular ebay vendor?
it seems hit and miss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.