Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leosantiago297

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2018
This bug has been doing my head in since this afternoon and every time I open any 3rd party app, it asks me to put my password in.

I logged out of the app store (I was trying to find a workaround) to try if it was gonna fix the problem, but to no avail, I still kept on entering the password.

To make things worse, I can't log in anymore.

Lastly, I don't know if it glitched but one of my apps got stuck on a specific area on the screen. Dunno what's happened please help me. My device is an iPhone 7 plus (iOS 11.4)
IMG_1864.PNG IMG_1865.PNG IMG_1866.PNG IMG_1867.PNG

leosantiago297

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2018
Have you used a different Apple ID to download any apps? Have you tried to delete the app and redownload it?

I logged out and tried to log in again but it just fails afterward. Before I did that though, I tried to delete and redownload an app using the same apple id, but it literally just ignores it when I press the "GET" button.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Go to Settings>App Store & iTunes>Apple ID>View Apple ID>Payment Info>Verify Payment info and enter CVV code and hit “Done” at the top. Retry download app.

leosantiago297

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2018
Go to Settings>App Store & iTunes>Apple ID>View Apple ID>Payment Info>Verify Payment info and enter CVV code and hit “Done” at the top. Retry download app.
I logged out a couple of minutes ago. I'm trying to log in but it won't let me. I've restarted my phone 5 times already and it still won't let me in

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I logged out a couple of minutes ago. I'm trying to log in but it won't let me. I've restarted my phone 5 times already and it still won't let me in
This happened to me yesterday also. I logged out of the iTunes Store and tried to sign back in to try and fix the issue (I didn’t want to do it through the 3rd party prompts incase it wasn’t legit) and like you, it kept failing.. The only thing that fixed it was to reset network settings.. After that, I was able to sign into the iTunes store and was no longer seeing prompts in 3rd party apps to enter my Appleid and password

bobbype0

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2018
Does this fix the issue or not? I have same issue except it says apple id ask for the password

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.