Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
Assuming there would be third party bands, what would you like to see and purchase? I also gathered a list for which brands design you will likely purchase.

Rolex
Omega
Bretling
IWC
Patek Phillips
Panerai
Audemars Piquet
TAG Heuer
Jaeger-LeCoultre
Cartier
Other

Popular-Watch-Brands.jpg

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Aftermarket 3rd party leather bands, like those made for panerai. Though suited to an apple watch and not the bigger panerai watches

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Personally, I wouldn't even consider buying a luxury brand watch strap to put on my Apple Watch, even if I'd bought the SS version. For me, they're very different pieces, the Apple watch is still a gadget, my Raymond Weil watch is still jewelry and I'll be keeping the two styles separate.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Personally, I wouldn't even consider buying a luxury brand watch strap to put on my Apple Watch, even if I'd bought the SS version. For me, they're very different pieces, the Apple watch is still a gadget, my Raymond Weil watch is still jewelry and I'll be keeping the two styles separate.

Apple band pricing is in the jewellery range ;) , it's cheaper to buy the luxury strap.

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Apple band pricing is in the jewellery range ;) , it's cheaper to buy the luxury strap.

That's a fair point! But either way, the most I'll spend is like £30 on a third party (p)leather strap if/when they appear on eBay and Amazon, to make it look slightly more professional for work

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
Do you know where you could purchase Nixon bands? I'd love to pick up some of their leather bands.

unfortunately I do not know where to buy just the bands. I have both of these watches and love them, but have no idea how I could even try to use the bands with a apple watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.