Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Just wondering if anyone has found a good 3rd party for the leather loops. I really do not want to buy a 44mm watch just to get the leather loops. I have found some good black knock-offs, but cant seem to find a saddle brown one anywhere!

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Just wondering if anyone has found a good 3rd party for the leather loops. I really do not want to buy a 44mm watch just to get the leather loops. I have found some good black knock-offs, but cant seem to find a saddle brown one anywhere!

have you had any luck yet? im looking for the same thing as well.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015

What are the good black knock-offs? I'd take any color at this point really. So many bad options...

fstevens

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2008

I have not purchased this, so I can’t vouch for it. I did get a Nike sport band knock-off from this site and it seems good (I‘ve only had it a week, though).

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I tried one but it was not leather.

I have not purchased this, so I can’t vouch for it. I did get a Nike sport band knock-off from this site and it seems good (I‘ve only had it a week, though).
I tried one but it was not real leather. I would like to try this but the cost is kinda high for a knock off.

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
Again, I would strongly advise against buying third party bands that use magnetic enclosure. Magnets on these bands tend to be weak af and will increase your chances of dropping and wrecking your watch ...

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
I agree, don’t buy any on the 3rd part leather loops for the 40mm.
They all rip somewhere between the magnets.

Mishabella

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2011
Cali
Found this red one for the 40, I love it! The magnets are extremely strong and very good quality. Found on eBay. ?

Attachments

• 4650249A-CDAE-4E72-B247-8E1ECAD5B2DA.jpeg
    4650249A-CDAE-4E72-B247-8E1ECAD5B2DA.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 304

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
I bought few different colours from the following aliexpress seller:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/kMSfViiM

To be honest they are pretty closeto the real one, feel and quality.

i originally bought the 3rd party one for my watch to test if I would like the leather loop style. And if I did was gonna buy the real one. I had the fake for few weeks and decided I wanted the real one. Went to Apple store today thinking the real one would be soft and higher quality. Upon comparing at the store the softness was exactly same, and I couldn’t tell the difference.Wasn’t worth the $100 extra for the real one. I came home and ended up ordering few more colours from aliexpress for myself and the wife.

However this is just my opinion, but I don’t believe it’s worth the extra $100 for the real when the fake one is as good as the real one. Obviously it won’t last as long but for 1/10 of the price, I don’t mind at all with purchasing few more for backup :)

Reactions: Mishabella

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
In the small thumbnails, these have the loop-through-hole setup the Apple bands do, but in the large images, they do not. I can't find any with the loop-and-hole setup anymore :( I don't trust the magnet-only type; too easy to have the magnet let go.

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
In the small thumbnails, these have the loop-through-hole setup the Apple bands do, but in the large images, they do not. I can't find any with the loop-and-hole setup anymore :( I don't trust the magnet-only type; too easy to have the magnet let go.
Interesting, I never noticed the big screenshots, the ones I got are the loop and hole style. I bought 2 more for back ups lol. Maybe they changed styles since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.