Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
The current offical build of XBMC isnt fully compatible with iOS 4.3(.1)... Apple chaged hardware encoding APIs so the Devs are working on this as we speak.

Essentially XBMC doesnt play certain movie files that need hardware encoding on the fly... thus rendering the whole thing pretty pointless at his point in time for those who use it as a movie player...

If you are confident enouh to install one to of the Unofficial night builds of XBMC then you can and will be able to play all movie files but the builds are not yet stable enough for an official release...

Mr-Kerrse

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
United Kingdom
The current offical build of XBMC isnt fully compatible with iOS 4.3(.1)... Apple chaged hardware encoding APIs so the Devs are working on this as we speak.

Essentially XBMC doesnt play certain movie files that need hardware encoding on the fly... thus rendering the whole thing pretty pointless at his point in time for those who use it as a movie player...

If you are confident enouh to install one to of the Unofficial night builds of XBMC then you can and will be able to play all movie files but the builds are not yet stable enough for an official release...

I use aTV flash but also use Plex so the XBMC isn't a big issue to me as i haven't even started using it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.