Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
Feld & Volk is going to get nuked from orbit... I almost think they know they're in trouble because this is Friday of a Holiday weekend... So the lawyers are off early (doing whatever lawyers do for fun?), and have Monday off too.

The soonest the Apple orbital lawsuit canon can be directed their way is Tuesday afternoon. The company does realize their days of "luxury iPhone mods" have come to a screeching halt.. Just ask Gizmodo... Who's whole company of web reporters is banned from Apple events years later. Apple holds a mean grudge kids.

Hugibugi

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2014
Feld & Volk is going to get nuked from orbit... I almost think they know they're in trouble because this is Friday of a Holiday weekend... So the lawyers are off early (doing whatever lawyers do for fun?), and have Monday off too.

The soonest the Apple orbital lawsuit canon can be directed their way is Tuesday afternoon. The company does realize their days of "luxury iPhone mods" have come to a screeching halt.. Just ask Gizmodo... Who's whole company of web reporters is banned from Apple events years later. Apple holds a mean grudge kids.

What Apple can do to Russian company? Really? No chance to do anything
giphy.gif

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
I wonder how targeted these so-called 'leaks' really are.

It could be Apple PR on fire misdirecting us.

Right?

Or the iPhone isn't the biggest thing on the docket, and they're spoiling just to get iPhone chatter done. It's not like iPhone 6 is going to be SUPER different at this point. When they support 90 different countries phone networks, and the basics of new chips/cameras/screens only evolve so much in one year so what the phone "looks like" is probably the biggest spoiler. They will probably add NEW FEATURES with iOS 8 we haven't seen yet.

My guess is on something BIGGER coming. Or they lost control of leaks and we get NOTHING!

kenroberts83

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
Or the iPhone isn't the biggest thing on the docket, and they're spoiling just to get iPhone chatter done. It's not like iPhone 6 is going to be SUPER different at this point. When they support 90 different countries phone networks, and the basics of new chips/cameras/screens only evolve so much in one year so what the phone "looks like" is probably the biggest spoiler. They will probably add NEW FEATURES with iOS 8 we haven't seen yet.

My guess is on something BIGGER coming. Or they lost control of leaks and we get NOTHING!

A big part of it is probably managing expectations. They don't want the blogosphere running wild with amazing iPhone rumors, and then have everyone react with disappointment on unveil day. Better to let people know not to get their hopes up on most aspects, and then keep a few surprises.

----------

I guess Apple's attitude when it comes to the iPhone (both inside and out) is "slow and steady wins the race". Ironically enough, the fact that Samsung is bold enough to charge forward with newer tech is what has people criticizing Apple when it comes to lack of innovation, at least as far as the iPhone is concerned.

I think Apple has become too big to successfully innovate with the major product lines. They're wary of "antenna-gate" like scenarios. Best to play it safe and still rack in billions.

archi penko

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
No Worldwide LTE

So this confirms that there is no worldwide LTE chipset in the iPhone 6?

I mean that it doesn't support all the LTE channels?

TazExprez

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2010
New York
I hope the new iPhones support Sprint Spark. I still have an iPhone 4S on Sprint 3G. I really love my SERO plan, but I may switch to Verizon if there is no Spark support.

pocket3d

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2010
I think Apple has become too big to successfully innovate with the major product lines. They're wary of "antenna-gate" like scenarios. Best to play it safe and still rack in billions.

So you know for a fact that Qualcomm can supply Samsung and also come up with another 60 million or so for Apple at the same time?

And to your point about being risk-averse to innovation, did you not find the fingerprint sensor in the 5S just a little bit adventurous?

----------

What Apple can do to Russian company? Really? No chance to do anything

Very good, thanks. I'm going to pass that one around a bit.

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
What is this new chip going to do for 3G power consumption vs the current iPhone 5S technology?

I'm not a heavy user of data on my phone so I keep LTE switched off. 3G is perfectly good enough to sync my calendar, contacts and a few other things and support my occasional use of maps, wikipedia, web searches etc.

Will this change anything as far as 3G vs 4G power consumption is concerned perhaps make it more power efficient to use LTE vs 3G due to some sort of big advance in LTE power efficiency?

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Maybe Apple could only keep 2 out of 3 secret: 4.7 inch iPhone, 5.5 iPhone and iWatch. They've let the most predictable one leak :D

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Is Feld & Volk doing a controlled drip drip drip release of information? If they wanted to have one big post, wouldn't they collaborate with a company that could do an initial teardown and ID all the chips? Though that notoriety would bring a lot of heat from Apple possibly

iPadPublisher

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
...if they do present a watch though, they did a stellar job of preventing leaks

I've been thinking the same thing. It's a wonder they can't seem to put a cap on the iPhone and iPad leaks, but the watch remains unseen by all, so far. Perhaps the iWatch includes a new way of managing the project from start-to-finish that they're testing out for future builds of other stuff?

----------

Another disappointment. 1GB RAM, camera ring, ugly antenna band, out dated LTE modem, small flash memory. :mad:

In regards to the LTE modem, isn't this typical Apple, though? They're almost never first on the wagon when it comes to newest technologies, unless it's their own innovation, of course.

Akin to USB3... they sure weren't first to implement that across their lines...

----------

The fastest LTE download speed I ever came across was 45 Mbps.

No idea where I would encounter a 150 Mbps signal. Right under a tower?

True that. Best I've done in Las Vegas (home market) is 37 Mbps, and best ever was in Boise, ID at 44 Mbps

I'm happy to get the faster modem... even if I may never see the benefit. At least I'm capable, in theory.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Well suited for Verizon Volte?

For the smart people: Will this modem do the job when Verizon switches to Volte from CDMA, very soon in 2014?

rarsi123

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
I've been thinking the same thing. It's a wonder they can't seem to put a cap on the iPhone and iPad leaks, but the watch remains unseen by all, so far. Perhaps the iWatch includes a new way of managing the project from start-to-finish that they're testing out for future builds of other stuff?

----------

the original iphone and ipad werent leaked either - these leaks are because the iphone is being mass produced right now. iwatch will have an earlier unveiling, but wont ship till later

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
So this confirms that there is no worldwide LTE chipset in the iPhone 6?

I mean that it doesn't support all the LTE channels?

Where do you infer that from? The 1625L transceiver IS a global chip. From Qualcomm's site:

The WTR1625L is tightly integrated in a wafer scale package and optimized for efficiency, offering 20 percent power savings compared to previous generations. The new transceiver, along with the Qualcomm RF360 front end chips, is integral to Qualcomm Technologies Inc.’s single-SKU World Mode LTE solution for mobile devices that are expected to launch in 2013.

The 9625 modem itself is LTE Advanced compatible.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
We wish we could say more
But the rumour scene beat us to it so there's nothing left to say.

----------

Mostly when things go into production the Foxconn workers can't help themselves but break the rules and leak. But if a product is announced but has not yet gone into production, there's less leak opportunities. I think the iWatch if announced will be like that, not yet gone into production.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I guess Apple's attitude when it comes to the iPhone (both inside and out) is "slow and steady wins the race". Ironically enough, the fact that Samsung is bold enough to charge forward with newer tech is what has people criticizing Apple when it comes to lack of innovation, at least as far as the iPhone is concerned.

It's also worth noting that people have higher expectations of Apple. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is thicker and heavier than the Galaxy S4. It's screen is the same res, so it has less PPI, and doesn't let you view more content.

If the iPhone 6 was thicker & heavier than the 5S, with a 4.7" screen that was still 640×1136, we'd all think Apple were seriously loosing it. Even if the phone was waterproof.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
For the smart people: Will this modem do the job when Verizon switches to Volte from CDMA, very soon in 2014?

Yes.

I'm not aware of ANY 4G phone that couldn't support voice data over said connection, that's like saying "work is going to start sending me video clips over email; they never have before... so do I need a brand new modem & router??" You see how ridiculous that sounds, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.