Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Damienbo18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2018
Hi,

I have 4 Apple TV in the house. I have been a user since the the first generation. And have updated all my units to 4K.

In the past 2 weeks every remote has stopped functioning out of no where and 1 TV will just raise volume and lower volume on its own. The others won’t connect or find it no matter what tricks I try.

I wouldn’t question if just one TV but all 4 at the same time?

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
The obvious question: are they charged?

Related: are you using a single charger that may have conked (so you think you are charging them but nothing is happening)?

Use an iDevice as a virtual AppleTV remote (and/or another remote you've previously trained to control AppleTV) and check to see the charge for the associated AppleTV remote.

Pranksters in your home that may have moved the remotes around so that each is paired to AppleTVs in other rooms? If you are confident about the charge, take one remote around the house and see if it will control any of the AppleTVs. If so, do the same with the next and the other 3 AppleTVs... then the next... until are are re-matched with "their" AppleTV box.

Have you tried these things?

Did all this happen right after the last major software update recently? Did you see this?

Have you taken an AppleTV with its remote into an Apple store, explaining the issue and seeing if they can figure it out?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.