Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
Hello friends - I'm having battery drain problems with my M2 Pro 16" MBP (Ventura 13.4). Nothing connected to the Thunderbolt, SD card, or HDMI ports. “Wake for Network Access” is disabled.

• Wednesday, June 14 at 3pm - unplugged at 80% and closed the lid, didn't use it again until Friday at 12pm
  • Thursday, June 15 at 12pm - opened the lid and the battery was at 40%

BoJ0e6H.png

System Settings > Battery > Last 24 Hours ("Battery Level" drops from 80% to 40% with no "Screen On Usage")

UfgJr7h.png

System Settings > Battery > Last 10 Days (same 40% "Energy Usage" yet no "Screen On Usage")

4C2vF14.png

"Wake for network access" is disabled

0M4gV4k.png

Activity Monitor > CPU (sorted by Idle Wake Ups)

KLnThou.png

Activity Monitor > Energy (sorted by 12 hr Power, very high Messages "12 hr Power", I only received around 10 Messages)

Any ideas? Thank you.

Last edited:

Jon Gotow

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2014
Hello friends - I'm having battery drain problems with my M2 Pro 16" MBP (Ventura 13.4). Nothing connected to the Thunderbolt, SD card, or HDMI ports. “Wake for Network Access” is disabled.

• Wednesday, June 14 at 3pm - unplugged at 80% and closed the lid, didn't use it again until Friday at 12pm
  • Thursday, June 15 at 12pm - opened the lid and the battery was at 40%

BoJ0e6H.png

System Settings > Battery > Last 24 Hours ("Battery Level" drops from 80% to 40% with no "Screen On Usage")

UfgJr7h.png

System Settings > Battery > Last 10 Days (same 40% "Energy Usage" yet no "Screen On Usage")

4C2vF14.png

"Wake for network access" is disabled

0M4gV4k.png

Activity Monitor > CPU (sorted by Idle Wake Ups)

KLnThou.png

Activity Monitor > Energy (sorted by 12 hr Power, very high Messages "12 hr Power", I only received around 10 Messages)

Any ideas? Thank you.
Try grabbing a copy of Sleep Aid (https://ohanaware.com/sleepaid/) and see if the machine is constantly waking up and going to sleep again while it's allegedly sleeping. If it is, Sleep Aid may be able to shed some light on why it's doing that.

- Jon

Reactions: ryansebiz

Misheemee

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2020
Not sure if this applies to you - but I had Microsoft Auto updater running at startup (which I didn't realise and disabled), and it made a MASSIVE difference to my battery consumption and decline

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.