Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kvic

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
I think Apple silicon Mac Pro is doing so well (in Apple's lab) that the Intel Mac Pro refresh is pretty much dead by now. I can't imagine Apple launch both at the same time in Fall 2022 or launch the Intel Mac Pro refresh after Apple silicon Mac Pro. If Apple had planned to launch Intel Mac Pro refresh, it should have happened by 1H22. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

With that said..if I were Apple executives, I would let AMD continue to release drivers for their flagship GPUs on Mac Pro 2019 for as long as AMD sees it making business sense. To be honest, I would think it doesn't make much business sense even as of now. Hence, Apple had to take the initiative to port the drivers in house.

iPadified

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2017
For the first generation of Apple dGPUs, I bet they can simply re-use M2 Ultra and M2 Extreme SoCS but with CPU cluster and other non-essential on-chip features disabled. This happens under the hood and inside the packaging. Users probably will not notice they're shipped the same SoCs but with disabled functionalities.

Within the past year, I believe all likely system architectures are mentioned in this sub-forum:

1. SoCs on a daughter board. Support multiple such daughter boards as a mean of expansion in CPU, GPU capabilities and memory capacity. Many downsides to this approach for a tower desktop. OP's leak basically eliminates this scenario.

2. BIGGER Mac Studios + a few PCIe slots. With OP's limited info, this is not ruled out. This leaves the option open in future to support Apple and 3rd party dGPUs through PCIe slots. A slight variation of this scenario is to include two MPX slots. Personally I think this approach is conservative and very 'non-Apple' in Apple silicon era. The new era should bring something 'unique' and not akin to commercially off the shelf stuff on PC side.

My latest thought on the previous page. One of the defining features is an Apple dGPU bus. Apple has done quite a lot of proprietary connectivities in 80s & 90s. Apple silicon can't be a better time to bring back some of their old practices. But as Tim Cook said, Apple only do stuff in house if they can't get better parts from outside sources. dGPU and its connectivity look like right candidates falling into such mentality.

I expect a proprietary Apple dGPU bus will bring faster memory transfer between: CPU & dGPU, dGPU & dGPU, dGPU & iGPU. It won't be as fast as access to local memory but MUCH faster and more efficient than, say, through PCIe. Also from the perspective of CPUs and GPUs, all VRAM on the dGPUs will be unified with system memory in a single address space.

Anyway, be prepared Apple will surprise people with their wildest thoughts.
I always thought that the MPX modules was over engineered and the principle must be reused elsewhere. MPX modules for expansion of Apple dGPU/SoCs seem logical. The connections is likely not PCI and, as you say much faster.

Joe The Dragon

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2006
I always thought that the MPX modules was over engineered and the principle must be reused elsewhere. MPX modules for expansion of Apple dGPU/SoCs seem logical. The connections is likely not PCI and, as you say much faster.
MPX is just pci-e + added lanes / power / DP in an 2th slot looks better then power plugs and Voodoo video like loop back cables
now and CPU BUS card slot can work for dGPU.

Joe The Dragon

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2006
I think Apple silicon Mac Pro is doing so well (in Apple's lab) that the Intel Mac Pro refresh is pretty much dead by now. I can't imagine Apple launch both at the same time in Fall 2022 or launch the Intel Mac Pro refresh after Apple silicon Mac Pro. If Apple had planned to launch Intel Mac Pro refresh, it should have happened by 1H22. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

With that said..if I were Apple executives, I would let AMD continue to release drivers for their flagship GPUs on Mac Pro 2019 for as long as AMD sees it making business sense. To be honest, I would think it doesn't make much business sense even as of now. Hence, Apple had to take the initiative to port the drivers in house.
small cpu bump mac pro same chipset / socket or bump to next chipset / cpu / pci-e 4.0 / 5.0 intel is bigger.

Now for apple silicon in an workstation has things that may need to be covered
HIGH RAM (needs slots) Maybe have an ram disk ram for swap / temp files?
NON VIDEO OUT GPU computing
BIG MULTI SCREEN setup ups?

other pci-e cards

non apple storage

network port choice
etc

kvic

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015

This is a reasonable expectation.

To discuss a possible MPX2 for Apple silicon Mac Pro, we have to abstract the merits of MPX:
  • no fans! its thermal design is an integral part of the tower chassis
    • personally I see it as a very important aspect. Hence, whenever I see ppl install a 3rd party GPU in the same slot, I see the beauty destroyed. And I could feel fierce air turbulences fighting each other inside their Mac Pro 2019. LOL
  • sharing the same space for a MPX card or standard PCIe card
    • this is important. If a user doesn't install an Apple dGPU in the MPX2 slot, the slot reusable for a standard PCIe card immensely increase MPX2's flexibility and the value of the slot
  • 'wireless' power supply
    • no dangling 8-pin cables like in the PC world
I believe the mechanical and electrical designs of a possible MPX2 for the Apple dGPU bus won't deviate much from the above merits. If Apple do MPX2 for their dGPU, it'll be more challenging than MPX!

HIGH RAM (needs slots) Maybe have an ram disk ram for swap / temp files?

In my imagination as posted on page 1, this is solved by DDR5 DIMM slots. And note that DDR5 memory will be *in addition* to LPDDR5 memory attached to the SoC. So it is not a cheap swap or Ramdisk. I expect it to be very advanced integration of "on SoC" memory (LPDDR5) and "off SoC" memory (DDR5 DIMMs).

NON VIDEO OUT GPU computing
BIG MULTI SCREEN setup ups?

I never worry Apple dGPU will have display outputs or not. M2 Extreme SoC will come with an iGPU which is 4X M2 Max, meaning it'll have up to 16 display outputs (?). So technically who wants or cares if Apple dGPU will come with display outputs or not.

With that said, if the first generation of Apple dGPU is simply reuse of M2 Ultra and/or M2 Extreme SoCs, capability of display outputs comes free. Whether to provide display outputs on dGPU is purely marketing people's gameplay.

prefuse07

Suspended
Jan 27, 2020
San Francisco, CA

To be clear -- it is actually apple that releases those GPU drivers for macOS, not AMD. Hence why so many people have been confused -- the RX-6x50 came out and still don't have support on macOS, so we are all wondering if the 7k series will be supported. If apple decides to Nvidia AMD, that would be a huge failure on their part, and I do agree with the rest of your statement.

kvic

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
To be clear -- it is actually apple that releases those GPU drivers for macOS, not AMD. Hence why so many people have been confused -- the RX-6x50 came out and still don't have support on macOS, so we are all wondering if the 7k series will be supported. If apple decides to Nvidia AMD, that would be a huge failure on their part, and I do agree with the rest of your statement.

This is totally correct. The porting and release of Radeon drivers for macOS is completely under Apple's control.

Whether Apple will relinquish the control a bit after they shift their focus to Apple silicon Mac Pro remains to be seen. I believe it's unlikely for Apple to loosen the control. Nor I believe AMD are willing to pick up where Apple are left off. I think Mac Pro 2019's market is too small for AMD's appetite these days. AMD are much richer now and have their ambitions on the cloud, enterprises and PC gamers.

Radeon Rx 6x50 are PC gamer focussed release as far as I'm aware. On the other hand, Apple followed the schedule of the release of AMD's Radeon Pro equivalents. I don't believe AMD will release Radeon Pro 6x50 cards. Hence, there will be no Apple cards for it either.

However, for Apple to officially support Rx 6x50 cards, they simply have to whitelist the GPUs by adding PCI Ids and none of other code changes necessary. Even a recompilation is not necessary. It's literally amending a few string literals from coding perspective. The burden is more on testing & verification. I very much doubt it Apple will do so if they don't have their own hardware to launch.

Reactions: prefuse07

iPadified

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2017
MPX is just pci-e + added lanes / power / DP in an 2th slot looks better then power plugs and Voodoo video like loop back cables
now and CPU BUS card slot can work for dGPU.
I know but it is still an over engineered “case” for the GPU. It even includes a cooling enough for a whole Mac Studio. A Mac Pro that cannot scale more than one PCI card and 40 core CPU/128 core GPU /256 RAMis is more a Mac studio+ than a Mac Pro.

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
Still sticking to the premise that Apple will use LPDDR5X SDRAM in the ASi Mac Pro, thereby allowing up to 1TB of UMA RAM, but it will not be cheap...

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
This is totally correct. The porting and release of Radeon drivers for macOS is completely under Apple's control.

Whether Apple will relinquish the control a bit after they shift their focus to Apple silicon Mac Pro remains to be seen. I believe it's unlikely for Apple to loosen the control. Nor I believe AMD are willing to pick up where Apple are left off. I think Mac Pro 2019's market is too small for AMD's appetite these days. AMD are much richer now and have their ambitions on the cloud, enterprises and PC gamers.

Radeon Rx 6x50 are PC gamer focussed release as far as I'm aware. On the other hand, Apple followed the schedule of the release of AMD's Radeon Pro equivalents. I don't believe AMD will release Radeon Pro 6x50 cards. Hence, there will be no Apple cards for it either.

However, for Apple to officially support Rx 6x50 cards, they simply have to whitelist the GPUs by adding PCI Ids and none of other code changes necessary. Even a recompilation is not necessary. It's literally amending a few string literals from coding perspective. The burden is more on testing & verification. I very much doubt it Apple will do so if they don't have their own hardware to launch.
Not so sure that only device-id is needed for supporting a GPU. I have tried spoofing device-id of 6950XT (which worked fine in a hack), but not on a MP7,1 . The kernel just dies during the boot process without any panics. There must be something else too.

Reactions: prefuse07

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
A long shot, but I truly believe that the enclosure for new new Mac Pro may (aesthetically) have more in common with 5,1 than the 2019 model.

Much of what was designed for 7,1 was around an x86 architecture. The lattice ventilation was one of Ive’s last contributions to the 2019 model and, although it exists to increase airflow from a broader angle, it is clearly not an efficient manufacturing process. Apple Silicon is more power efficient and as seen on the Studio this level of airflow is no longer required.

But also, the new model may not need a dual-sided logic board. The RAM and storage for 7,1 was implemented on one side, but I doubt this would be necessary if there is plenty of space saving. The stainless steel frame can go and you’re left with a more traditional design, possibly with a simple door rather than a hood. It may even look like a taller Studio.

Thoughts?

Matty_TypeR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2016
UK
A long shot, but I truly believe that the enclosure for new new Mac Pro may (aesthetically) have more in common with 5,1 than the 2019 model.

Much of what was designed for 7,1 was around an x86 architecture. The lattice ventilation was one of Ive’s last contributions to the 2019 model and, although it exists to increase airflow from a broader angle, it is clearly not an efficient manufacturing process. Apple Silicon is more power efficient and as seen on the Studio this level of airflow is no longer required.

But also, the new model may not need a dual-sided logic board. The RAM and storage for 7,1 was implemented on one side, but I doubt this would be necessary if there is plenty of space saving. The stainless steel frame can go and you’re left with a more traditional design, possibly with a simple door rather than a hood. It may even look like a taller Studio.

Thoughts?
As much as i like the 4.1 and 5.1 design and engineering of the time 2009 you can only admire the Engineering and layout of the Mac pro 2019. An engineering master piece, very well made and built to last. I see no reason to update the case even with AS and although AS might not need to be cooled as much as intel. But if the new mac pro is to support Pcie GFX cards and other Pcie devices they would need decent air flow to remain cool. With the soon release of RDNA 3 and G-force 4090ti GFX cards which many might well wish to use, be it in OSX or windows. ( AS cant even run windows) they would need cooling and the current case offers this. Any new case design would also have to offer this.

So if the new Mac pro 8.1 is just AS not supporting Pcie advanced GFX cards it might as well be a bigger studio box, but will not be purchased by myself. The concept of a non upgradeable Mac pro 8.1 just does not appeal if the only way to upgrade is another new purchase to do so. One of the best things about the Mac Pro history is its upgradability.

Reactions: MarkC426

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
As much as i like the 4.1 and 5.1 design and engineering of the time 2009 you can only admire the Engineering and layout of the Mac pro 2019. An engineering master piece, very well made and built to last. I see no reason to update the case even with AS and although AS might not need to be cooled as much as intel. But if the new mac pro is to support Pcie GFX cards and other Pcie devices they would need decent air flow to remain cool. With the soon release of RDNA 3 and G-force 4090ti GFX cards which many might well wish to use, be it in OSX or windows. ( AS cant even run windows) they would need cooling and the current case offers this. Any new case design would also have to offer this.

So if the new Mac pro 8.1 is just AS not supporting Pcie advanced GFX cards it might as well be a bigger studio box, but will not be purchased by myself. The concept of a non upgradeable Mac pro 8.1 just does not appeal if the only way to upgrade is another new purchase to do so. One of the best things about the Mac Pro history is its upgradability.
Good points. I supposed I was just thinking about it from an economy standpoint and Apple looking to save money. But then the move to AS alone will increase their margin slightly.

I’m too afraid to even think about pricing…

kvic

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Thoughts?

I'm not fond of MacPro7,1's steel frame because it looks like a mini food trolley. Otherwise, it's pretty good. The cooling design is excellent, only possible with a system vendor as vertically integrated as Apple. I'm a believer of the next Mac Pro being a beast! Thus don't waste the R&D spent on MacPro7,1. Simply reuse and refine the chassis design. I do wish it looks a bit more boxy. All design refreshes currently are trending this way. So appears promising.

Some ballpark numbers of power consumption to put things in perspective:

Anandtech found M1 Max consumes about 92W when CPUs fully loaded and GPUs to the best they could (i.e. not fully loaded yet). So likely M2 Extreme (4x M2 Max) will be > 370W. The heatsink for the SoC is definitely going to be bigger than the one for Xeon processors. 28-core Xeon about 205W in sustained workload.

So 370W vs 205W.

Assume there are two slots for Apple dGPUs. What would be the power consumption? Anandtech had limited software to push M1 Max's GPU to 46W, meaning optimised software in future should be able to push higher. Let's assume M2 Max's GPU max out 60W. An Apple dGPU module of one 'M2 Ultra GPU' is 120W and a Duo version is 240W. An Apple dGPU module of 'M2 Extreme GPU' is 240W and a Duo version is 480W!

So 120W, 240W, 480W for Apple dGPUs.

There is little headroom for Apple to scale down on the chassis.

Some elements of MacPro5,1 such as CPU tray may come back in the new Mac Pro. Or shall we call it SoC tray? A SoC tray facilitates easier SKU management and increases repairability of the machine. If Apple decide to abandon dual side logic board as you suggested, then seems to me a SoC tray very likely and will house the SoC, LPDDR5 chips, DDR5 DIMMs, and two sticks for SSD.

I’m too afraid to even think about pricing…

I would think the contrary. Expect a cheaper entry ticket. But get your limbs ready for customisation.

M2 Extreme SoCs should have three main variants: M2 Max equivalent, M2 Ultra equivalent, and M2 Extreme (4x M2 Max). Perhaps the option of M2 Max equivalent won't be available.

Base model starts with 'M2 Max' or 'M2 Ultra' version of the M2 Extreme SoC, 512GB SSD, an empty chassis with empty DIMM slots, empty dGPUs slots, empty PCIe slots.

Should be cheaper than current MacPro7,1, right?

kvic

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Not so sure that only device-id is needed for supporting a GPU. I have tried spoofing device-id of 6950XT (which worked fine in a hack), but not on a MP7,1 . The kernel just dies during the boot process without any panics. There must be something else too.

Is the spoof method for the real MacPro7,1 working? Perhaps try spoofing the sub-vendor & sub-device ids for a RX6800/XT or any supported card as a control experiment. Spoofed sub-ids should not affect driver loading but reflect new ids.

Still sticking to the premise that Apple will use LPDDR5X SDRAM in the ASi Mac Pro, thereby allowing up to 1TB of UMA RAM, but it will not be cheap...

"on SoC" LPDDR5 + "off SoC" DDR5 ECC DIMMs as I described will be 'unified memory' too. Both iGPU and CPU get access to the combined memory in a single address space.

Seems to me you believe in "Bigger Mac Studio + PCIe slots" scenario - option 2 that I described on page 2. This is possible. Apple may choose the easier solution or fail to realise a more advanced implementation in time for the new Mac Pro.

In such case, I have doubt Apple will push "on SoC" memory to extreme like 1TB due to lack of inline ECC or link ECC. Perhaps as an alternative, they will choose to silently keep MacPro7,1 alive at the same time until MacPro9,1. If that happens, some existing users will be very happy.

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
Is the spoof method for the real MacPro7,1 working? Perhaps try spoofing the sub-vendor & sub-device ids for a RX6800/XT or any supported card as a control experiment. Spoofed sub-ids should not affect driver loading but reflect new ids.
I could spoof anything else and it gets through, but as soon as ID is spoofed it just dies. Because it works on a hack it leads me to conclusion that there is some stop in the firmware.

kvic

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
I have some info about next Mac Pro?? chips
- Total 40 cores, contains 32 P-Core and 8 E-Core.
- Total 128 GPU Core!!
- A sample board contains PCI-E slot but no ram slot (Doesn't know it exists on Production Mac Pro)
- Try to put 6900XT on that slot, its not working at all.
- Although it is in sample board, stability with macOS is great!!

Latest chatter from Bloomberg Gurman corroborates that your friend indeed had access to Apple silicon Mac Pro, more specifically now I believe it is a M1 Extreme Mac Pro.

So M1 Extreme Mac Pro comes with no DIMM slots. That's said. Apple is way less ambitious than some people had anticipated.

Sound like M1 Extreme doesn't have Apple dGPU bus either. So Probably just a bigger Mac Studio + a couple of PCIe slots. The nightmare situation Apple thought themselves people don't want it and didn't release it.

Realistically no big changes should people expect with M2 Extreme Mac Pro. I'm guessing Apple thought a bit more soldered LPDDR5 memory, a couple more CPU cores and 35% better GPU will make M2 Extreme Mac Pro sell..

Any new leaks? Thoughts?

singhs.apps

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Latest chatter from Bloomberg Gurman corroborates that your friend indeed had access to Apple silicon Mac Pro, more specifically now I believe it is a M1 Extreme Mac Pro.

So M1 Extreme Mac Pro comes with no DIMM slots. That's said. Apple is way less ambitious than some people had anticipated.

Sound like M1 Extreme doesn't have Apple dGPU bus either. So Probably just a bigger Mac Studio + a couple of PCIe slots. The nightmare situation Apple thought themselves people don't want it and didn't release it.

Realistically no big changes should people expect with M2 Extreme Mac Pro. I'm guessing Apple thought a bit more soldered LPDDR5 memory, a couple more CPU cores and 35% better GPU will make M2 Extreme Mac Pro sell..

Any new leaks? Thoughts?
A shame really. Might be releasing an intel Xeon version simultaneously just to tide over ?

I have no gripes with the above scenario (40 core CPU 128 core GPU )…the GPU will be good enough to drive displays with all the bells and whistles…maybe touch 3080ti performance with gobs of ram

I though would love to see a 256/512 core! dGPU compute card…as an optional ‘module’. Might be expensive thing

Apple will continue to disappoint for some :/

Reactions: iPadified

singhs.apps

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Well, it’s better for apple to ditch the Xeon altogether… that said what happens who want to upgrade from the 2019 Mac Pro but do not want to give up on expansion?

Me thinks (hopes) there is some expansion option in the m2 extreme variety mp, with Apple’s own dGPU, unrestrained by Soc requirements. Targeting 1000w power envelope (400w reserved for the main soc) would def give the AS mp users a lot of headroom

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
I have no gripes with the above scenario (40 core CPU 128 core GPU )…the GPU will be good enough to drive displays with all the bells and whistles…maybe touch 3080ti performance with gobs of ram

Just in time for the 4080ti / 4090 to make the 30-series obsolete, and for a lower pricepoint than the delta between whatever is below the 3080ti-scale version, and that one.

Reactions: singhs.apps

kvic

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Me thinks (hopes) there is some expansion option in the m2 extreme variety mp, with Apple’s own dGPU, unrestrained by Soc requirements. Targeting 1000w power envelope (400w reserved for the main soc) would def give the AS mp users a lot of headroom

M2 Extreme SoC will be 400W-class beast (in Apple silicon family). The iGPU should be very impressive as an iGPU and a single GPU. PCIe slots will accept networking, storage, audio/video interface cards but no dGPU. Memory capacity, iGPU cores have to be decided when you make the order. No user expansion on both after sales.

This raises the question of existing MacPro7,1 users who insist on user expandable memory and dGPU. Now I'm inclined to believe Apple's plan was/is to abandon the diehard users, and hopefully convert most of the rest.

To make the transition smooth, will be interesting to watch out for how long and how well Apple will support MacPro7,1. Perhaps indeed Radeon RX7900XT is coming? Perhaps new x86_64 MacOS releases will be available for a couple more years? We will have a clearer picture after M2 Extreme Mac Pro launches. IMO, whether Apple immediately discontinues MacPro7,1 will be a very good indicator.

singhs.apps

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
M2 Extreme SoC will be 400W-class beast (in Apple silicon family). The iGPU should be very impressive as an iGPU and a single GPU. PCIe slots will accept networking, storage, audio/video interface cards but no dGPU. Memory capacity, iGPU cores have to be decided when you make the order. No user expansion on both after sales.

This raises the question of existing MacPro7,1 users who insist on user expandable memory and dGPU. Now I'm inclined to believe Apple's plan was/is to abandon the diehard users, and hopefully convert most of the rest.

To make the transition smooth, will be interesting to watch out for how long and how well Apple will support MacPro7,1. Perhaps indeed Radeon RX7900XT is coming? Perhaps new x86_64 MacOS releases will be available for a couple more years? We will have a clearer picture after M2 Extreme Mac Pro launches. IMO, whether Apple immediately discontinues MacPro7,1 will be a very good indicator.
I couldn’t care less about a Xeon Mac Pro at this stage. If we are doing traditional workstation, Threadrippers over at PC supercontinent land is a far superior option (as also Nvidia GPUs) (unless apple pulls a fast one and releases a Threadripper Mac Pro 😍)..but that’s a dream. I see no reason why apple will go Xeon if the rest of the lineup has fully transitioned to AS. Maybe a spec bump 38 core Xeon 7,2 etc, etc…maybe..maybe

But going forward it will be all AS and if Apple hopes to compete in the 3D space minus expansion, it’s offer better be seriously good. But as the Mac studio has shown, it’s abysmal in the GPU dept. like it’s worse than my titans and that’s already a 4 year old system.

Only way I see it compete is to offer a dGPU unconstrained by the SOC paradigm. Let it be a discreet compute unit.

Last edited:

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
You guys don’t get it. It won’t convert anyone. People paid 10s of thousands for expandable 7,1 macs. If the new Mac Pro comes out without multiple pcie card slots, and does not support PC based graphics cards, as well as many other PC PCI cards, it is a glorified Mac mini, and is DOA. Do not pass go. Game over man. The high end users will abandon apple, permanently. It’s that simple.

You guys keep playing variations of the loser trash can Mac as if repeating the same mistake multiple times will change the outcome. Also you make it sound like writing a few drivers for pc graphics cards is a big deal for apple. Youre all so low expectations. They made Rosetta 2 like it was no big deal. Writing a few drivers for a few popular graphics cards is not a big deal. For crying out loud, they did it when they had PowerPC based towers With way crappier OSs.

Last edited:

Romain_H

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2021
You guys don’t get it. It won’t convert anyone. People paid 10s of thousands for expandable 7,1 macs. If the new Mac Pro comes out without multiple pcie card slots, and does not support PC based graphics cards, as well as many other PC PCI cards, it is a glorified Mac mini, and is DOA. Do not pass go. Game over man. The high end users will abandon apple, permanently. It’s that simple.

You guys keep playing variations of the loser trash can Mac as if repeating the same mistake multiple times will change the outcome. Also you make it sound like writing a few drivers for pc graphics cards is a big deal for apple. Youre all so low expectations. They made Rosetta 2 like it was no big deal. Writing a few drivers for a few popular graphics cards is not a big deal. For crying out loud, they did it when they had PowerPC based towers With way crappier OSs.
And, if they release a Mac Pro without expandability it would - once again - be a 180 degree change of course. After all, the 7.1 was developed in the first place to right the wrong they did with the Trashcan

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.