Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
You definitely do pay for 2 months when you sign up for AT&T. Like most companies they pre-bill your base plan the month before, but since it's your first month they bill the first month and the pre-bill of the second month. Any of your extra usage will be billed after it along with the pre-bill for the next month (like if you go over on minutes or SMS).

BTW, Apple is a big companies these days too ;)

elmo151

Jul 3, 2007
NYC
I just went through hell with my cable TV provider (Cox) because they charged me for something accidentally and wouldn't refund me the money. And they tried to charge me a cancellation fee for something I didn't even order! The customer service representative kept insisting I called in and requested the additional service.

ask the customer service rep for the phone number of the states regulating commission for their service. that will result in an instant refund.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I concur...

ask the customer service rep for the phone number of the states regulating commission for their service. that will result in an instant refund.

AT&T sent us a FREE PHONE for being a loyal customer and charged us for a new 5th line, and it took a few phone calls to resolve the matter. We ended up taking the phone to an AT&T corporate store and being given a return mail package and credit was given immediately after their receipt of the phone. Stick to your guns...:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.