Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vik.wags

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
PA
Hello

I am considering going from a 2 monitor environment to a 1 only, and I would like to get suggestions on some 43 inch 4K monitors I have been looking into lately.

The ones I have shopped for and am considering are:
  • Dell
  • ViewSonic
  • LG
Keep in mind that I am not a gamer nor a video expert, I am most interested in sharpness and resolution for my app development hobby. I want to buy this monitor to pug into my MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch (Late 2017). Any suggestions?

Thanks
W

Honza1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
US
I have LG 43MU79 and use it on 15 inch MBP 2017. I have it connected through USB-C to Display port cable and it runs with 60Hz at full 4k resolution. Not sure how to do some tests to make decision and I do not have another one to compare with...
Works fine and colleagues are envious. I do not do gaming. This is business system. But it is so great to put 4 different programs on ONE monitor and be able to read everything without microscope!

Reactions: vik.wags

vik.wags

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
PA
I have LG 43MU79 and use it on 15 inch MBP 2017. I have it connected through USB-C to Display port cable and it runs with 60Hz at full 4k resolution. Not sure how to do some tests to make decision and I do not have another one to compare with...
Works fine and colleagues are envious. I do not do gaming. This is business system. But it is so great to put 4 different programs on ONE monitor and be able to read everything without microscope!

Thanks
I am considering the same monitor, but I was planning to use USB-C to USB-C and get the same experience that you're getting. Have you tested with USB-C Connection?
W

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"I am considering the same monitor, but I was planning to use USB-C to USB-C and get the same experience that you're getting. Have you tested with USB-C Connection?"

If you get one of these (I don't have one), you're going to have to use "the connection method that works".
And that's about it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.