Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agrudsky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hi Everyone!
Is there a Cydia app that allows you to put a 4G icon next to the word 'iPod' in the taskbar? I've already tried 'iphone 4 4G icons' and '4G 4 3G'. It appears that those only work for the iphone, so nothing shows up, even if i restart my device.
Anyone?

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
I've already tried 'iphone 4 4G icons' and '4G 4 3G'. It appears that those only work for the iphone
Well yeah, they're for replacing the 3G/EDGE/GPRS icons, not the wifi signal indicator. Hence, you're telling the system to replace an icon with another, but the source icon does not exit.

Open the package and rename it have the same name as all 4 wifi signal bar (to get the file names, download a wifi indicator theme and copy and paste those file names).

Lightey

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Go to Cydia and download an app called, "Make It Mine". The app allows you customize your "iPod" text. So, you just type in, "iPod 4G", press "Carrier", and poof, it's ready.

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
Can you give me a step-by-step on how to do that?
You go to cydia.Click on the Search and type "Make it mine" you'll probably gonna see it.Click on it the install it.It will appear an app in the home screen click on it and you're ready

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.