Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I do not care if Android does 8K !

No android/google products for me!
Regardless of whether this thread has a stupid title and is not needed anyway, why do you feel the need to keep posting how you will never own an Android phone? We get it, you're an Apple fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LIVEFRMNYC

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa

Is this supposed to make us jealous, oooorrr what? It’s a good quality video, nothing really mind blowing though.

iPhone has 4K@60FPS to

What exactly are we meant to be impressed by?

EDIT:

I see the topic has been brought here from the iPhone forum now.

Last edited:

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Correct me if I am wrong, but are there any phones that can do Super Steady Mode in 4K and in 60 fps?

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Even if there aren't, it doesn't mean the only phone that can automatically has the best video on a smartphone. Which it sounds like you're suggesting?

I'm yet to try out the Note 10 video but the XS Max is quite comfortably the best video quality I've seen on a smartphone.

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Even if there aren't, it doesn't mean the only phone that can automatically has the best video on a smartphone. Which it sounds like you're suggesting?

I'm yet to try out the Note 10 video but the XS Max is quite comfortably the best video quality I've seen on a smartphone.

It was last year. LG destroys it.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Correct me if I am wrong, but are there any phones that can do Super Steady Mode in 4K and in 60 fps?

Most modern smartphones have some sort of stability in 4K, be it EIS, OIS or both working together to create a Super Steady.

The V50 isn’t special in anyway in this regard, it’s definitely no match to an iPhone or Samsung in video recording either

It’s a decent phone though, enjoy it!

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Most modern smartphones have some sort of stability in 4K, be it EIS, OIS or both working together to create a Super Steady.

The V50 isn’t special in anyway in this regard, it’s definitely no match to an iPhone or Samsung in video recording either

It’s a decent phone though, enjoy it!
Dude, they have it in 4k30fps, not in 60. So yes it's special.

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Nothing special here. Enjoy your phone man!
Except that every other phone out there including iPhone and Samsung when you record videos are shaky and stuttering like hell, yes nothing special. Why even record a nice video when you can use a tripod.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Except that every other phone out there including iPhone and Samsung when you record videos are shaky and stuttering like hell, yes nothing special. Why even record a nice video when you can use a tripod.
Come on, stop exaggerating. According to you, every single video ever taken on a smartphone that’s not the LG V50 with it’s magical super steady whatchamacallit are crap? Because stuttering like hell means crap. You don’t have to make stuff up to justify your own purchase. My videos come out just fine.

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Come on, stop exaggerating. According to you, every single video ever taken on a smartphone that’s not the LG V50 with it’s magical super steady whatchamacallit are crap? Because stuttering like hell means crap. You don’t have to make stuff up to justify your own purchase. My videos come out just fine.
Try walking when filming and show me yours. Until then I believe on what I saw on my wife s10 and over the net.

Jason2000

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2019
Planet Earth
The video is jerky from side to side. Nothing special about that. Even the Pixels have that feature...lol. Oh, but I do not have that issue with my iPhone.

Reactions: Tsepz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.