Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eliehass

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
As far as I can tell, iTunes is only providing movies in 4K right now. I know there aren't many, but there are shows filmed in 4K (and many of them are either made by or available on Netflix) but it doesn't seem like there is any TV Show content available from iTunes in 4K at the moment. I was hoping with the start of the fall seasons we would get something... Has anyone seem anything other than movies available in 4K from iTunes?

piperatthegates

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2017
Provo, UT
As far as I can tell, iTunes is only providing movies in 4K right now. I know there aren't many, but there are shows filmed in 4K (and many of them are either made by or available on Netflix) but it doesn't seem like there is any TV Show content available from iTunes in 4K at the moment. I was hoping with the start of the fall seasons we would get something... Has anyone seem anything other than movies available in 4K from iTunes?

My guess is WESTWORLD 4K should be coming soon since the UHD blu-ray for it will be out soon

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
some shows on Netflix in 4k NBC's The Blacklist is there but it only looks marginally better than the 1080p version

eliehass

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
I really wish shows like Planet Earth II which were specifically filmed in 4K HDR would be available that way on iTunes... It seems like they are still only offering 4K movies...

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

I'd be interested in this as well.... My guess is not all TV shows will be in 4K... Like really old 1980's TV shows or 1990 stuff. eg. Family guy, Futurama and The Simpsons for example.. (except the later seasons after 20)

I could be wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.