Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LindaHl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2016
I have an iPad 4 16GB. I know that apps use some space for caching, but the situation on my iPad is now beyond the acceptable level. My apps use 6.5GB space from the storage, 5.5GB is taken up by "Others". And if I create additional free space by deleting documents, the new free space gets filled up fast. I deleted 2GB of videos recently, it got filled up in a week. How can I determine which app is taking this much space so fast, and how can I remove its cache? Having 6.5GB available of a 16GB capacity storage is untenable.

It would be good if I could remove the junk manually. I cannot do a Factory Reset and then restore a back up from my computer, because I want to avoid slowing down my iPad installing the latest iOS version, and also because some people reported it is not sure it will solve the problem.

Deleting all apps and reinstalling them is not a solution either, because I have apps that I need and are not available at app store any more.

Only a manual cache delete solution or a reset and restore that doesn't change the iOS version would be acceptable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.