Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

packetjunkie

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Since I use my Touch for movies and music, battery life is very important. It does seem like I'm not getting the same amount of time since the upgrade even though I am using it the same way as I did before.

I need to hunt through the options and see what I need to turn off while I wait for an upgrade.

BOSS10L

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Upstate NY
Damn, I guess I should count myself lucky. <knocks on wood> I've yet to have any issues on either one of my phones, save for the occasional well-documented slow-downs using SMS, ect.

Once we get the new firmware, everything will be fine though. :)

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
Unfortunately, this is the downside of opening up a platform to lots of options.

If you lock down a device, it may not be 100% crash proof, but at least you know that everyone has the exact same configuration and you can stabilize that pretty well.

Now, who knows who has what on their phone.

I doubt Apple is going to test every permutation of apps and usage to see what happens if.

I do like the options, but a little hit in stability seems inevitable.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Those users who's first iPhone or iPod Touch experience is with 2.0, will be extra pleased, once the UI bugs have been sorted. The experience was a totally liquid smooth one with 1.1.4.
I'd still take a buggy iPhone with 2.0 over any other phone's Win Mobile/Symbian interface. :D

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
I have both the 3G iPhone and a 32 Gb Touch. The 2.0 upgrade hasn'r effected my battery life at all on my Touch, I haven't had any stability issues since down loading and apps. Which apps have you downloaded? How much memory is left on your Touch?

As for my iPhone the only issue I've had is running Tetris which occasionally shuts down and kicks me out. Battery time on the iPhone is less than the touch but considering it running a lot more hardware that is to be expected. I've found that actually shutting it down and rebooting seems to address the Tetris issue.

I suggest that you add the apps back one at a time and use them for a while to see if there is a buggy app causing your problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.