Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
i posted this earlier apart of another thread but it never got answered in anyway so im making a post about...i hope no one minds...being that i do need some help here...

okay forgive me but im not versed on this stuff so stupid questions i will ask...

how many seconds/minutes faster is the 667 compared to the 550? i just want to know exaclty what is the difference, in real world terms...laymen terms....between the two rev b models?

besides the bus speed spec

ex: the 667 is 10 seconds faster on a gaussian blur filter then the 550....something like that...you get the point...so please help!

if you have any links to share then please do..im trying to do some research here between the 550 and 667. i dont think barefeats has comparisons between these two guys.....just the rev b, the rev a and ibook. i was looking for some but didnt find any.

moby1

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2002
Sunny San Diego
667 looks about 20% faster overall

http://barefeats.com/pb06b.html

bottom of page "Photoshop 20 filters"

I have a 550 and I'd go for the 667 but I'm so damn tired of the fans in the rev B models. I hope that we'll see a TiBook with a nice, cool Apollo chip SOON!

p.s. I figure that a speed improvement of under 10% is only noticeable when you go backwards. A 15% improvement is definitely noticeable. The 667 should offer a very noticeable improvement (remember it has the 133 MHz bus).

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
i appreciate your response moby! thanks! :)

okay so why the heck is the 500 10 seconds faster then the 550 on the "20 filters"? is that it as far as comparisons? just a couple of few seconds of difference?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.