Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Don't know what forum this should be in. I have an ATT iPhone XS. When outside the house my phone frequent deplays 5Ke in place of the usual symbol. However, on most of my apps I don't receive a data signal with an error message saying something about no signal. Stangely the Drudge Report seems to go whichever link I click on.

Anyone else know how to receive 5K data from ATT.

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
The 5GE label is fake. Current iPhones are not compatible with 5G networks.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/22/...-disaster-misleading-claims-lawsuit-confusion
Correct. AT&T is doing what T-Mobile and Sprint did for 4G. T-Mobile relabeled 3G as 4G, and Sprint relabeled WiMax as 4G.

5Ge is kind of useful as an indicator, though, since it indicates that you are in a TAC with a majority of towers that have received upgrades (new radio heads, new radios, new spectrum deployed, and new backhaul deployed). So while the indicator doesn't by itself mean anything, it lets you see what areas AT&T has been doing a lot of work in.

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
Umm... You mean 5g?

Don't know what forum this should be in. I have an ATT iPhone XS. When outside the house my phone frequent deplays 5Ke in place of the usual symbol. However, on most of my apps I don't receive a data signal with an error message saying something about no signal. Stangely the Drudge Report seems to go whichever link I click on.

Anyone else know how to receive 5K data from ATT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.