Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blahbrah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
Set it up as a new device. Something with your restore file must be causing the problems.

I did this and the problems persist. The only things I restored were my texts and I reinstalled 1password and the battery life has actually gotten worse.

Could it be related to having iTunes match? I notice the music library tends to flicker on the phone.
[doublepost=1452318666][/doublepost]I should also note that on NYE I installed the aforementioned ad blocker and battery life was great! I only lost 10% over 5 hours, but it seemed to be a one off since on New Years' Day the problems returned.

blahbrah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
I just wanted to update this with I've finally solved it. It's due to my icloud password. I made it before more stringent requirements came out and ever since I made a new password that matches the new requirements everything has been hunky dory. 95% after 3 hours on standby.

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
I just wanted to update this with I've finally solved it. It's due to my icloud password. I made it before more stringent requirements came out and ever since I made a new password that matches the new requirements everything has been hunky dory. 95% after 3 hours on standby.

That's kind of weird. What are the new requirements?

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
iOS was working overtime to keep your phone safe because of a simple password? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.