Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
hello,

I give a log of what happened to my iphone 5s and i would like to ask you to post possibilities of problem
that caused this kind of crash on iphone. Was it indeed the low temperature ? This restarts took over 24H a day... until logo became stuck on screen,

my iphone 5s started rebooting on its own when i was taking some pics in temperatures about -5C.
It was inside my jacket but i was listening to music when this happened and noticed this issue.

I remember my ios was 10.3.3 from a recent backup and the suggestion of a trial software for firmware download.

I tried to enter DFU mode and the problem i have is:
When i switch the phone of with DFU combination, it restarts and while power button is pressed down,
it shuts down and thats it. Then i repeat and same problem. First restarts, then apple logo, then shuts down.
This loop breaks my nervous system down, as i have one damn phone only and i need to access data on it.

I tried to connect it to the mac and run itunes and other software to try ie restore or recovery.
None works as the phone does not enter DFU mode at all. its not recognised.
BUT the apple logo is constantly displayed when phone is connected with USB or draws ie power.
Nothing else is displayed.

Battery was working ok, i did a charge but still while logo is on screen.
When is plugged with cable to ie USB or charger, logo always stays up, does not restart in DFU.

Today, i opened itunes and while connected on cable, i tried DFU again.
Nothing shown on screen ie tha symbol with itunes and cable to ask for restore or something...
Then itunes displayed a message it detected iphone i DFU mode and suggested restore...

I took the chance to do restore, but screen was black... after some minutes it started restoring.
Phone now starts ok, but i lost everything i guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.