Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
I’m planning to upgrade my iMac and Macbook Pro to Catalina when it is released. However, because I’m an amateur musician, I use my MB Pro as a DAW for my keyboard.

Does anyone here have any sort of keyboard from Korg, Roland, Yamaha or any other brand ? Do you know whether the drivers and software for their respective keyboards have been updated to 64- bit ?

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Korg TR-76. Tbh any should be fine. The USB use acts as generic MIDI input and you don't need any drivers for it. Plug and play.

Can't say for any bespoke software you'll have installed though.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
Well, I was just about to order a Korg Kronos when I thought of this. I know the plug-in editor for Kronos is 32-bit only, but that's just the interface of the built-in screen magnified on your mac. As for the rest, I hope it will still work with Logic Pro X. I also have a Korg Kross 2 88 and that requires a driver for use with a Mac...
The Kronos also needs software to work as a plug-in in Logic Pro X.

Have also read on Korg's site that they are considering offering 64-bit support for all existing software, but that all upcoming and new software will be 64-bit. Considering it... basically that means you're stuffed.

Think I'm going to hold off on that order until I can get some more information...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.