Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
My old 6s Plus has a broken home button. And at some point the battery went dead. I plugged it it to charge it, and after a while the plug into iTunes to restore screen appeared. It makes like its doing a restore or update, but after it completes it just go back to the “plug into iTunes” restore screen.
I’ve tried updating/ restoring at least 5 times, and it’s not doing it.
Is there any hope for this thing?

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
how brave are you with a screwdriver? I bet you could fairly easily unplug the home button connector inside. Then see if it will boot and then hope you can turn on virtual home button without needing any home presses to get there. If that's not possible, I'd try to source a cheap replacement from a broken donor. TouchID won't work but with luck, you'll be able to register clicks.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I got it working again. I’m not exactly sure how though. I think the last thing I did was hold volume down and power for a few minutes and it booted up. I didn’t even have to enable accessibility in iTunes to start the setup process. On eBay it goes!

Reactions: barbu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.