Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e1me5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Cyprus
So yesterday, my 6s slipped from my hands and after a funny attempt to catch it mid-ai,r i missed and it fell on the pavement screen down. I almost fainted when i saw the screen smashed in 3000 pieces as i bought it not too long ago. Today i went to the shop i bought it, an authorized reseller, we have no apple stores here, and they told me:
a) Apple does not repair smashed screens, only at dedicated apple stores in certain countries, they only "buy" the iPhone back and they give an other one if you pay an X amount of money, and
b) any attempt to replace the screen with the 3rd party screen it will brick the iPhone at the next software update.
So my only option is to give back my 6s and pay again to get a new one (and insurance for it).
But are there any other options? Like ship my 6s to an apple store that replaces screens and get it back, as long as its cheeper than get a replacement from apple?

P.s: I also don't have apple care+.

Thanks a lot! :)

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
You can replace the screen no problem on the 6S. The only issue is trying to replace the TouchID sensor because that is locked to the device.

Screens can be purchased online on eBay.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Wow how sad. Recently last week something similar happened to my son's iPhone 5 and I was able to get the screen replaced for $65 here in US, I'm sure you can find the screen online, and even replace it your self and you can order the proper tools via Amazon.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454797419.040496.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454797528.740851.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.