Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sb22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
That old chestnut

Looking to upgrade SIM free and CPW is offering £260 for my phone just now.

It’s still a lot of money to upgrade. Was it a worthy upgrade? I used to change yearly and sometimes I’d wonder why I bothered, I just used to get caught up in the hype.

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
There’s the huge amount of money you’d have to spend, the fact that the 7 Plus wouldn’t be super special anymore and some differences in features. All very subjective things to discuss.

My Jet Black 7 Plus still looks amazing to me, I would also hate having a fragile glass back. Spec-wise I’d like the camera and speakers to be better, but I can certainly live with what I have. Bought my 256GB model last December for 550€ and it held its value incredibly well as far as I’m concerned. The Max is just too expensive right now.

MilesUK

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
UK
That old chestnut

Looking to upgrade SIM free and CPW is offering £260 for my phone just now.

It’s still a lot of money to upgrade. Was it a worthy upgrade? I used to change yearly and sometimes I’d wonder why I bothered, I just used to get caught up in the hype.

Definitely a worthy upgrade, I upgraded from a 7 Plus to a XS and it’s a better phone all round. I would also check what mobile phone recyclers are offering as I got £310 for my 16 month old phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.