Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Which model? How much memory? New or used?

Even more importantly how reputable is the seller? Can you get your money back if there is a problem?

MacSafe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Which model? How much memory? New or used?

Even more importantly how reputable is the seller? Can you get your money back if there is a problem?
128,4th gen iPad Pro 11 inch with 5G.
Found it at Facebook marketplace.
Serial number seems good, and indicate valid purchase 7 months ago.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Looks as if you can get it cheaper on eBay. However, beware of marketplaces. You can get scammed out of your money. It is a risk - price vs security. Personally I am willing to pay a bit more to buy from a good seller (Apple refurbished, Best Buy, etc.) rather than go through the hassle and risk of a marketplace.

A lot of people do purchase that way and are happy with it. Just be sure to take all of the necessary precautions.

Reactions: Student of Life

MacSafe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Looks as if you can get it cheaper on eBay. However, beware of marketplaces. You can get scammed out of your money. It is a risk - price vs security. Personally I am willing to pay a bit more to buy from a good seller (Apple refurbished, Best Buy, etc.) rather than go through the hassle and risk of a marketplace.

A lot of people do purchase that way and are happy with it. Just be sure to take all of the necessary precautions.
Thank you for your answer.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
just surf on the marketplace here. I’ll be listing my m2 pro 11” 1TB + cellular with Magic Keyboard for 850-900 here in a week or so

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Take a look on Swappa.com. You could probably find one cheaper than that. Sellers are more reputable too.

MiamiBeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2020
I would wait a little longer if you can. From reading the forums, it sounds like Apple may be announcing new iPads soon. Once that happens, a lot of people will look to sell their old ones after upgrading. More inventory should push prices down some. Of course, YMMV.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

I bought a refurbished iPP from Best Buy and it was blacklisted. Just putting that out there. I would try to activate them before you get out the store if you buy them from Best Buy, besides that issues I haven't really had problems buying open box/refurb from Best Buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.