Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I can't read mandarin.

Click the blue download button.

http://www.taig.com/tutorial.html translation:

"Verify that your system is iOS 8 - 8.1.1

Method to check the System Version
Settings → General → About

Note: If you have OTA upgraded, the jailbreak may fail.
Please download the latest system firmware and then attempt to jailbreak.
Click here for system upgrades and jailbreak tutorial.

Please back up your important data before the jailbreak

Please use iTunes to back up important data
This avoids unnecessary data loss.

Disable your lock screen password, and "Find My iPhone" feature.

Please disable the lock screen password, and "Find My iPhone" feature, then perform the jailbreak. Otherwise it will cause the jailbreak to fail.

1. To turn off the lock screen password: Settings → Password → Turn off password
2. Disable "Find My iPhone": Settings → iCloud → Find My iPhone → Click to disable"

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Musclenerd confirmed the release but not much is known about this release so I'm going to wait it out

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Sorry at work. The only differences between 8.1 & 8.1.1 are fixes for older devices. No benefit in a iPhone 5 or higher upgrading right?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Works for me. Plus all of my tweaks from 8.1 are working on my iPhone 6 Plus!

I am glad for these bug fixes in 8.1.1!

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Sorry at work. The only differences between 8.1 & 8.1.1 are fixes for older devices. No benefit in a iPhone 5 or higher upgrading right?
No. It has bug fixes for the 5, 5s and 6/6 Plus as well. The sentence in the change log was just worded in a way that was a little misleading. This is what they meant:

• Bug fixes
• Increased stability
• Performance improvements for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S

One of these 8.0 - 8.1 bugs caused the keyboard to lock up and the screen to become unresponsive in Safari while typing. The messages app was occasionally freezing for a lot of people as well. If you aren't experiencing any of these problems, there isn't much reason for you to upgrade to 8.1.1. Safari locked up on my iPhone 6 several times a day on 8.0 - 8.1, so I had to give up my Pangu jailbreak and upgrade to stop that. I'm pretty happy to see a new jailbreak is available, but I'll have to wait for the Mac version.

Last edited:

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
What a complete waste of an exploit.

Not necessarily. We don't know if the exploits Taig used in this one uses any of the exploits Pangu or iH8sn0w were utilizing for their next jailbreaks. They are all in direct competition and working independently of each other. It won't necessarily burn any of the exploits that the others devs were saving for an 8.2 jailbreak. I think it's pretty awesome to see the trend change and more people working on them so they become available to us sooner. It took over four months for the first 5 and 5s jailbreaks.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
This is good news as ive witnessed some keyboard lockups with safari on my air 2 and 6 now and again...

Waiting for Mac version....:(

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Has anyone noticed a difference between 8.1 and 8.1.1 on 6+ or rMini? Even if so gonna wait a bit until the air clears on this one

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Jailbroke my 5c on 8.1.1 and so far, everything is working flawlessly.

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.